Login

russian armor

Pathfinders' beacon and reinforcement of team weapons

16 Jan 2016, 06:16 AM

So let's imagine that situation: I order Pathfinders to plant a beacon. I drop Paratroopers and 6-pounder on it. After Paratroopers man the gun, I can instantly reinforce them thanks to beacon, but AT gun can't be reinforced and stays with 3-man crew. It would make sense to allow them to reinforce at beacon since it's crewed by airborne team.
Is it possible to implement? If yes, how?
16 Jan 2016, 07:13 AM
Patrion 15

I dont think mg or at gun (even) crewed with paratroopers can reinforce near the beacon. I get your point and I think everything should be reinforced If crewed with paratroopers.

Also. I'm in serius suspicion with: Are they getting accuracy buff (when inside the beacon influence circle) or not? Because there is no indication like a icon apearing or disapearing. If someone knows that It is working as intended or not, please do tell.

Another thing I curius about If team weapons crewed with Paratroopers are they getting that same beacon accuracy buff aswell? If not, I think It could be excelent addition to Paratrooper gaming. Maybe with balancing touches with: -Beacon could be limit to 2 or 3 and cost of 20-30 AMU.
16 Jan 2016, 16:36 PM

So let's imagine that situation: I order Pathfinders to plant a beacon. I drop Paratroopers and 6-pounder on it. After Paratroopers man the gun, I can instantly reinforce them thanks to beacon, but AT gun can't be reinforced and stays with 3-man crew. It would make sense to allow them to reinforce at beacon since it's crewed by airborne team.
Is it possible to implement? If yes, how?

It looks like it's not difficult to implement.

You'd need to change the squad_reinforce_ext of every squad that might be recrewed by paratroopers, and add a copy of the paradrop requirements that paratroopers normally have. However you'd be adding a new requirement in addition to the near_entity_requirement: a required_unit_type of aef_paratroopers.

That would mean every weapon crew can reinforce if any of their entities are paratroopers, when near the beacon.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 25
United States 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment