Login

russian armor

What prompts you to choose a particular Commander?

16 Jan 2016, 04:24 AM

And how far into the game?

Is there any particular unit or tactic that you see which makes you reach for a particular ability?

Currently I'm trying them out one by one, with Vanguard and Tactical support being my favourites. Quite tempted by RE after watching Latch's videos in another thread, Stand fast and the AVRE look to be really annoying for the Axis.

Other than deciding to use a particular commander from the outset I don't really know how I would choose...
16 Jan 2016, 10:47 AM

In what game mode if I can know
16 Jan 2016, 11:19 AM

1v1 for me but applies to team games as well..
16 Jan 2016, 12:07 PM

Hi,

Usually I play 2v2 or 4v4.
For 2v2 I will mostly play Vanguard - Medics, Air landing officer and the commandos compromise the bulk of my infantry force.
While the "Ultimate" of the strafing runs provide support while on the offense of defence.

Other times I will pick the special weapon regiment for their weapon drops and AT Infantry sections.

4v4 wise, I pick only the tactical support regiment because of the arty option.
It's just too good to pass on.

21 Jan 2016, 15:24 PM

1v1 here

Vanguard is OK but the strafing support is unusable against OKW because it gets shot down by the Flak half truck so NEVER take Vanguard against OKW.

Special Weapons is pretty good too, Hold the Line is excellent for holding out against the enemy's all in invades, it has the Croc like Vanguard and concentrated fire can be used to kill OKW half trucks.

Royal Engineers is also good if you have an early mortar and need it repaired fast. Also the AVRE is again an excellent unit for taking out stuff, most people will retreat their units the moment they see it because it WILL wipe squads no sweat. It's also only 600/155. Emergency repairs is also great for repairing more than one tank in a short amount of time.

Royal Artillery sucks and Commandos are ok, mortar cover is decent but commandos aren't that good of a unit anymore.

I usually float between special weapons or royal engineer. Maybe Vanguard if i know my air support won't get shot down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★