Login

russian armor

How come ppl have probs with FRPs all the sudden

18 Jan 2016, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 14:38 PMJohnnyB

Ummm... let's see... USF has CalliOP and Priest, incendiary attacks, pack howie, of map artillery;
UKF has Sexton, base howies, off map artillery;
OH has PZwerfer, howie and off map artillery;
OKW has wurframen and off map artillery;
Soviets have katiushas, howies, B4 and incendiary attacks.

Did I miss something?!

Well you should not get your mortars to close, because it's dangerous. In fact, don't get any unit to close, because it's to freakin' dangerous. Is that a reason?
If you don't want to use mortars, fine, pick one of above, at your liking.

USF artillery... calliope - locked in doctrine. priest - locked in doctrine. incendiary attacks... do they have this? i only recall white phosphorous (in which case does 0 damage towards buildings), off map artilleries are 8 cp+, heavy munitions drains, require LoS.

UKF has SUXTON and LoS, close proximity obvious red flares with super poor accuracy base howitzers, off maps are late game and I think only 1-2 commanders have one that damage buildings. You can refer to all the other threads on how horrible these artillery units are as well as doctrinal suxton

OST has panzerwerfer that squadwipes very easily like calliope but it is non-doctrinal...

OKW has stukas, incendiary, and arty (doctrinal)

SOV has the most balanced rocket artillery katy, howitzers that get one shotted by globals, b4s that require RNG god's blessing... who ever builds these anymore... and quite a few commanders has incendiary.

Only issue I have is that... do I have to pick a doctrine just to counter FRP? I won't have artillery unless i pick one of the two USF commanders and one is paid... USF FRP is pretty easily destroyed by small arms. ambient fallschims could do the job. that OKW HQ, given that it's a HQ, isn't easily destroyed. It's not like an OST bunker where a 3-4 AT rounds do the job. I don't know the amount but it's pretty durable i'd say at least 12+ AT rounds
18 Jan 2016, 16:51 PM

Yes you can go aggressive yolo style with volks (12 damage, inaccurate, bad stats overall).
18 Jan 2016, 18:43 PM

As long as blobbing has a cost I don't have a problem with it. And this from someone who can't keep ma mortar pit alive for more than 5 minutes. :)

Concentration of force or Schwerpunkt is a key facet in military doctrine, the idea that you want to get rid of it doesn't make sense to me. Good players don't seem to use it or have a problem facing it so I rather suspect we are merely being outplayed.
18 Jan 2016, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 13:22 PMJohnnyB

Well according to your fanboy standards, all factions and games should be identical, in order not to screw up the pretious balance. Every unit, feature, and tactics in this game has counters. But how would you know that, when you are playing almost exclussively one side on... 4v4. Good thing there isn't a 6v6 mode...or a 8v8.... to involve more skill .... :facepalm:

So much hate flow. Why? Did I touch you somethere or what? Just don't get it. How you can call all OP stuff a feature and tactics?

Can you please point me units for you words? Is Katusha is high risk / high reward or werfer is high risk(lol 300+ hp) / high reward (insta wipe)? Can you stop joggling with words?
19 Jan 2016, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 19:14 PMcarloff

Can you please point me units for you words? Is Katusha is high risk / high reward or werfer is high risk(lol 300+ hp) / high reward (insta wipe)?

Yes, I can give you some examples related to high risk / high reward concept. I see from your reply that you didn't understand what I want to say. Of course pzwerfer or katiusha are involved in the high risk / high reward concept, but not in the way you described.

This concept refers to things that you do that could give you high profit, but in the same way rise an important risk on your side.

Example: OKW FRP is a high risk / high reward build, because:

1. Brings you profit in terms of early map control and gives you the needed support for your infantry
2. BUT, later, if proper counterplay, exposes you to high risks like: loosing you infantry or blob if you want, to all kind of ballistic attack, comming from units built in tiers or from offmaps, among them being for instance rocket artilery (like Katiushas or CalliOPs), howies, self propelled artilery (like Priest) etc, one possible effect being the total loss of a TIER BUILDING too, which is OKW T2, the verry FRP we are talking about.

USF has this risk too, minus the risk of losing a tier building, but this is okay, because they cannot build a FRP in early game as OKW can. So the advantages for OKW building a FRP early game are properly matched by the risks that occur later in the game.
The british FRP is even less appealing, but this is mainly because the british army foundation is NOT THE INFANTRY power, like I stated in the past, which is quite different from USF and OKW' s case, these 2 factions' power having its roots mainly in infantry.

Hope this was clearly enough, and sorry if I was so unfriendly in my previous posts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★