Login

russian armor

new AEC is overpowered

PAGES (20)down
22 Jan 2016, 16:00 PM

lol, you didn't think through this did you?
Stuart + Quad from mobile support + AEC from Brits teammate.

you mean doctrinal? now you're locking yourself into a doctrine? no muni spent on USF? no grenades, no weapon equips? have to wait for 3 CP to spend 120 muni.
22 Jan 2016, 16:05 PM

you mean doctrinal? now you're locking yourself into a doctrine? no muni spent on USF? no grenades, no weapon equips? have to wait for 3 CP to spend 120 muni.

Now Im locking myself? WTF? Anyone who reads Stuar+Quad+AEC in 2v2 will get that it's all about mobile support.

You don't need any weapons before 3CPs. Rifles man can handle this very easily.
You can also sacrafice nades for huge impact with Suart and Quad together.
22 Jan 2016, 16:07 PM

Dude, what are you doing with your resources and unit management if your opponents gets Stuart AND quad AND no USF Grens to stop any MGS or to clear any building?

You often seem to forget that enemy units do cost resources too, you know.
22 Jan 2016, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 10:46 AMashxu

yeah... no. That's kicking it in the dick, no one would use it if it was even more expensive. If the AEC were to be nerfed then it should be reverted back but made cheaper to deal with light tank threat but not kill infantry as hard. But that's assuming it is OP and the general consensus is UKF right now aren't doing so hot, I rarely see them being used in higher level play.

that "community consensus" you're talking about is a very vocal minority of allied only players.
even before the patch, UKF only had the lowest winrate of the ALLIED factions, but was still well above both axis factions. ostheer winrates used to be roughly 5% lower, now they're roughly 13% (!) below UKF in 1v1.

UKF wasn't in a bad spot before. Now they're just batshit OP.
22 Jan 2016, 16:15 PM

UKF was in such a a great spot before the AEC patch, that nobody chose them in any 1on1 tournament.
22 Jan 2016, 16:18 PM

UKF was in such a a great spot before the AEC patch, that nobody chose them in any 1on1 tournament.

because, as i said, both other allied factions had a higher winrate. if someone would have chosen UKF, given an equal skilled opponent, he would have still been more likely to win, just less likely than if he'd chosen sov/aef.
22 Jan 2016, 16:43 PM

and OST won the tourney!
22 Jan 2016, 16:57 PM

and OST won the tourney!

dunno which tournament you're talking about, but i'm sure it was the player and not the faction that won the game ;-)
22 Jan 2016, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 16:57 PMcr4wler

dunno which tournament you're talking about, but i'm sure it was the player and not the faction that won the game ;-)

that's a double-edged sword you're using. i'm sure a lot of people would use that to justify any situation. "i won because i'm the better player." "you won because you had the better faction" and that way there will be no change.

didn't watch it myself but that's what i heard from the forums for ESL finals?

anyways, can't wait for next patch to see where the game will turn to next!
22 Jan 2016, 20:44 PM

Permanently Banned
The age old "axis always OP, allies always UP". Ahh yes. Any criticism vs the allies backed with factual evidence and comparison must bow to this rule, which is the natural order.

It doesn't matter that the AEC is the most durable generalist light tank, it doesn't matter that it comes earlier than the other light tanks, it does not matter that the AEC can self spot with 50 range, it doesn't matter that ostheer has no light vehicles.

Ostheer won tournament, and ostheer is part of the axis is evil. We should really focus our attention to nerfing the ostheer sniper. Ostheer won tournament. Ostheer OP. For crying out loud.
23 Jan 2016, 03:32 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 10:46 AMashxu

I hope your playercard is your smurf account because you have in total 1 UKF game.

Luchs and the 222 are heavily mobile, the Luchs takes 3 AT shots to take down. Any non retarded OKW player will simply hit and run your units, forcing retreats, Sturms are also good at repairs so they can get back up fast, not to mention the repair half truck.

UKF's only reliable solution is the AEC, Piats suck.

you being bad at keeping AT guns from being flanked by light vehicles is a l2p issue, not an issue with AT guns. it doesn't matter if they hit and run as long as they don't hit hard enough to do significant damage.
23 Jan 2016, 03:59 AM

UKFs are still rather new to coh2 and they have a very different play style to the older factions. This likely had a large influence in the allies faction decision making.
23 Jan 2016, 04:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 16:18 PMcr4wler

because, as i said, both other allied factions had a higher winrate. if someone would have chosen UKF, given an equal skilled opponent, he would have still been more likely to win, just less likely than if he'd chosen sov/aef.

win rate isn't an end all to how good a faction is lol, it can be used as an indicator but you're naive if you disregard everything else and just shove coh2charts into everyone's face. The matter of the fact is UKF isn't really picked in high level tournaments.
23 Jan 2016, 06:01 AM

Just ran the numbers. Assuming you buy nothing else, this is the amount of fuel you need to get to purchase your first light vehicle:

AEC: 30+15+50-20=75
Stuart: 60+70-15=115
Luchs: 15+50+65-10=120

So obviously the AEC arrives way, way faster than other comparable vehicles. Like way too fast.
23 Jan 2016, 06:44 AM

Just ran the numbers. Assuming you buy nothing else, this is the amount of fuel you need to get to purchase your first light vehicle:

AEC: 30+15+50-20=75
Stuart: 60+70-15=115
Luchs: 15+55+65-10=125

So obviously the AEC arrives way, way faster than other comparable vehicles. Like way too fast.

Except both Ost and OKW have schrecks which can zone the AEC. UKF don't have any reliable handheld AT to zone the 222 or Luchs. If Piats weren't terrible then we wouldn't have this problem and I think most people would be fine if the AEC buff got reverted or somehow fitted into a Puma role rather than AT/AI.
23 Jan 2016, 07:09 AM
Patrion 14

AEC is just the new crutch before any real changes happen to UKF.

Even then, it's borderline broken; as it can replace the role of a infantry spotter unit by having more sight than a sniper(45 sight) by default and being anti infantry/anti armor. Losing this to shrecks should be near impossible; Unless you're playing on a map with tons of sight blockers and volk shreck blobs that you didn't checkmate earlier in the game.

Luckily, tread break is a bugged ability. Otherwise I would consider this unit completely OP with all the utility it has(don't underestimate smoke).

After a few more games, the sight range really needs to be adjusted. I'm pretty much ok with everything else other than having 50 sight on a unit that is good against everything bar heavy tanks.
23 Jan 2016, 11:57 AM

Sight range, and especially timing, seems like the issue to me.
23 Jan 2016, 13:08 PM

There is so many complainers its funny. I've tried the AEC in 3v3 and 4v4 and it's perfectly fine. You realize the UKF need to spend another 115 fuel plus the tank so they won't have a Cromwell for another 225 fuel. They need the AEC as a stop gap until they can get a tank. You people need to L2p. The AEC is not overpowered. The UKF has nothing else and UKF late game arrives really late. Leave the AEC alone guys. OKW and OST have their GD OP panzerchreks which destroy all late game allied tanks with no skill whatsoever. The UKF can have their measly AEC. /thread
23 Jan 2016, 14:23 PM

its fucking fine, l2p. I have no issue destroying them, just l2p and expect them as ostheer and get pzshrecks or PaK asap. I've even killed one with 222 before since its turret is so slow.
23 Jan 2016, 15:02 PM

I can't help but feel this AEC buff is justified by three things:

1) You have to give up the Bofors to choose the AEC.
2) British Empire Infantry have no AT snare nor AT weapons that don't require complicated Attack-Ground commands to hit.
3) British Empire's T0 and T1 setup is very very poor and lazy, and is in need of a rework.

If you fix at least some of this, I wouldn't mind reverting the buff or nerfing.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS