Login

russian armor

Airstrike Opponents Base?

10 Jan 2016, 03:32 AM

I was hoping someone could help me with this? I often play with OKW and just recently started British. I was playing and got hit with something that wiped out all my forces at my home base with no enemies in sight. I assume this is some command ability, but I was under the impression this could not be done in your opponents base. I naturally want to use this. Does anyone know what this is?
10 Jan 2016, 04:24 AM

Probably a stuka dive bomb. They're a bit OP at the moment, killing all infantry in their significant blast radius, and can be dropped in base territory for some reason. It's a popular tactic to drop it when your infantry are retreating back to HQ. Were you playing against Ostheer?
8 Feb 2016, 11:10 AM

I know this is hard when it hits you.
Though this is from my experience, one of the only ways to deal with a mixed blobb, due to smoke and AT. A very hard to defeat Brit blobb.
Other thing is Brum... But that leaves Axis vulnerable to strong Brit tanks.

There is really no other save way to beat such a Brit Blobb and you are complaining?
Sad that this game as every other RTS rewards blobbing.

Ostwind: not enough firepower and backing off it easily gets killed due to path finding bug, or suddenly teleporting forward or into some obstacle. And it leaves Axis vulnerable to tanks.
Stuka: Maybe at rank 1-5 useful against a beginner
MG: smoke...
Always visible minefield: lol

Capping where the blobb isn't... Draining manpower with lucky mortar shots and sniper... It's so hard because there is no real counter that doesn't leave you vulnerable to the Brit tanks.

Or did I overlook something?

Trying to find ways... Haven't played coh for moths... Now am playing mostly Axis... Fell from rank 200-300 to 1k - 2k 2v2
9 Feb 2016, 01:07 AM

I know this is hard when it hits you.
Though this is from my experience, one of the only ways to deal with a mixed blobb, due to smoke and AT. A very hard to defeat Brit blobb.
Other thing is Brum... But that leaves Axis vulnerable to strong Brit tanks.

There is really no other save way to beat such a Brit Blobb and you are complaining?
Sad that this game as every other RTS rewards blobbing.

Ostwind: not enough firepower and backing off it easily gets killed due to path finding bug, or suddenly teleporting forward or into some obstacle. And it leaves Axis vulnerable to tanks.
Stuka: Maybe at rank 1-5 useful against a beginner
MG: smoke...
Always visible minefield: lol

Capping where the blobb isn't... Draining manpower with lucky mortar shots and sniper... It's so hard because there is no real counter that doesn't leave you vulnerable to the Brit tanks.

Or did I overlook something?

Trying to find ways... Haven't played coh for moths... Now am playing mostly Axis... Fell from rank 200-300 to 1k - 2k 2v2

Panzerwerfer = Your answer to deal with Infantry blobs. It is so easy to abuse and what it doesn't kill outright it pins.

Get your mortars behind some HMGs, As soon you see 'em pop smoke relocate.
9 Feb 2016, 07:47 AM

Panzerwerfer: not when the blobb is on the move if the Brit has half a brain.
You have to anticipate somehow where he will move when he hears it.
Relocate MG... It's killed in a second if not, second smoke grenade.

Somehow it works when you are lucky. But you have to rely on chance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 113
unknown 23
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak