Login

russian armor

ESL game last sunday. Need Pro Tip

3 Jan 2016, 03:47 AM

Birger Magnusson vs Chef_of_Death

Need some help analyseing this game.
I had the uper hand at early\mid game but then i kept loosing focus and getting squad wiped.
Also my por micro, late tanks\light vehicle and slappy gameplay cost me the game..

http://www.coh2.org/replay/47252/birger-magnusson-vs-chef-of-death-esl-kick-off-cup
3 Jan 2016, 09:18 AM

I can't sleep, so if you like I'll have a gander. I can't promise to be very insightful however :P
3 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

Wow, my word. I’m sorry mate. I feel bad. I’m impressed, not to rub it in but man alive did you really find a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. I think you nailed it, your concentration just vanished after the 19th minute. In that span you lost three squads just not responding to situations, and I don’t mean late responses, but just failing to recognize, or… do anything. It was nearly like you went AFK, and it lost you essentially your entire army in a stretch of two minutes. I was really flabbergasted. I would personally try and recall what you were thinking about at that moment and neverrr worry about it ever again. xD

Um, yeah. I'm sorry dude. I really wouldn’t stress too much about this game too too much unless this is happening to you often. This feels like an outlier and just really unfortunate to happen to you at this time. As I say, you didn’t really commit mistakes per say, the only really identifiable one was dismounting in an awkward position from your Stuart, which I also felt you had time to react to, and shortly thereafter during a counter-attack you lost another rifle squad pushing in behind a PiV needlessly. These were the only really poor tactical decisions I felt you made all game.

It's such a shame 'cos I was really captivated by your work in the early game. You did oh so well to really man handle his army in the early game and were probably unlucky not to annihilate 2/3rd of his starting force. Like, textbook early pressing. It’s after this moment though I felt you made a pretty big error strategically. You had that side locked down and were pressing HIGHHH up the map, like, ridiculously aggressive. From this point on, I’m always getting out a Lt, and rushing an M15, not only because of your insane fuel advantage, but his choice to go for Assault Grenadiers leaves him without a snare. You honestly could have waltzed that thing into his base and laughed all the way back to the MM queue after 7 minutes. I think the same may have been possible with your Cpt. tech too. Your single Stuart was categorically rolling him, and again, without snares, two Stuarts could have been GG.

It may sound cruel but, I don't think you can be afraid to win. I think you really have to be punishing these sorts of mistakes from your opponents. If they give you an opportunity to decide a game early by having poor balance in their army composition, by all means exploit it, punish them and try and sharpen every edge, every advantage you have. In this game in particular it was your very aggressive pressing. I would have tried to maximize this particular situation more with your tech choice.

Thanks for sharing man, I'm sorry if it feels like I was ribbing you. It was just a really remarkable scenario and I hope in a few weeks you can look back at it and have a laugh. Just be a little more careful to maintain your focus and concentration and I have no doubt you have the skill and acumen to achieve whatever you want to my friend. If there's anything else you would like to discuss or go over, don't hesitate to ask, I really hope this was at least a little bit helpful.

turbo, x
3 Jan 2016, 11:50 AM

Wow, my word. I’m sorry mate. I feel bad. I’m impressed, not to rub it in but man alive did you really find a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. I think you nailed it, your concentration just vanished after the 19th minute. In that span you lost three squads just not responding to situations, and I don’t mean late responses, but just failing to recognize, or… do anything. It was nearly like you went AFK, and it lost you essentially your entire army in a stretch of two minutes. I was really flabbergasted. I would personally try and recall what you were thinking about at that moment and neverrr worry about it ever again. xD

Um, yeah. I'm sorry dude. I really wouldn’t stress too much about this game too too much unless this is happening to you often. This feels like an outlier and just really unfortunate to happen to you at this time. As I say, you didn’t really commit mistakes per say, the only really identifiable one was dismounting in an awkward position from your Stuart, which I also felt you had time to react to, and shortly thereafter during a counter-attack you lost another rifle squad pushing in behind a PiV needlessly. These were the only really poor tactical decisions I felt you made all game.

It's such a shame 'cos I was really captivated by your work in the early game. You did oh so well to really man handle his army in the early game and were probably unlucky not to annihilate 2/3rd of his starting force. Like, textbook early pressing. It’s after this moment though I felt you made a pretty big error strategically. You had that side locked down and were pressing HIGHHH up the map, like, ridiculously aggressive. From this point on, I’m always getting out a Lt, and rushing an M15, not only because of your insane fuel advantage, but his choice to go for Assault Grenadiers leaves him without a snare. You honestly could have waltzed that thing into his base and laughed all the way back to the MM queue after 7 minutes. I think the same may have been possible with your Cpt. tech too. Your single Stuart was categorically rolling him, and again, without snares, two Stuarts could have been GG.

It may sound cruel but, I don't think you can be afraid to win. I think you really have to be punishing these sorts of mistakes from your opponents. If they give you an opportunity to decide a game early by having poor balance in their army composition, by all means exploit it, punish them and try and sharpen every edge, every advantage you have. In this game in particular it was your very aggressive pressing. I would have tried to maximize this particular situation more with your tech choice.

Thanks for sharing man, I'm sorry if it feels like I was ribbing you. It was just a really remarkable scenario and I hope in a few weeks you can look back at it and have a laugh. Just be a little more careful to maintain your focus and concentration and I have no doubt you have the skill and acumen to achieve whatever you want to my friend. If there's anything else you would like to discuss or go over, don't hesitate to ask, I really hope this was at least a little bit helpful.

turbo, x

Thank you so much for taking time to watch it and ghive me you thoughts :)
I know i lost focus alot of times in that game becouse of people watching me.
I totaly agree with the tech choice, m20 would be the best go for a player going assult grens, and i did not put my stuert to its fully potensiale. I Also did not get a 50 cal early to put in the top house to futher lock down the right side.

Thank you so much for the input, its alwais nice to have more eyes on the same game to better see my own mistakes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 10
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment