Login

russian armor

OKW Commanders

AVA
2 Jan 2016, 06:06 AM

There was already a topic about Maximspams and I also have difficulties with it. I play 1v1 & 2v2's. In 2v2 I love fortification doctrine as it's easier to setup trenches/bunkers/43's in the mid/late game.

In 1v1's I have the feeling Fortifications doesn't help me at all as I usually don't have the time to build bunkers/43's etcetc. So I usually end up almost not using any of the fortification abilities, making me wonder if I should try other commanders?

Also in early/mid game usually my opponent has map control due to the maximspam in buildings, and fortifications is kinda useless if you dont have map control.

And if there are better 1v1 OKW commanders, which do you recommend and why?

Also what do you think of the fortifications doctrine?

Advice/Tips are welcome :) Ty!
2 Jan 2016, 06:12 AM

This is a scenario for the much maligned Flammpanzer Hetzer.

Or for a more rounded Doc, go with the IR-StG44s and use the infiltration grenades to clear maxims from oblique angles and in particular in buildings.
2 Jan 2016, 07:05 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Rappy sounds like he doesn't know a real maxim spam. :P

As a maximlover i would recommend either fallschirms, if there are several houses on the map. If there is no houses just go fusiliers.

In the end you just have to approach the maxim right. But if he is good he won't let you
2 Jan 2016, 07:59 AM

hope for the best Flame nade kill The maxim,

that's all im saying..

Same goes to Molotov, normal Nade deal more DMG than those flame..when i see Volk trying to Flame nade i just stand my ground, unless there 2 Volk..cause DPS on normal Fire + Flame = dead MG

but if Flame Nade alone = Survived MG
AVA
2 Jan 2016, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 07:05 AMd0ggY
Rappy sounds like he doesn't know a real maxim spam. :P

As a maximlover i would recommend either fallschirms, if there are several houses on the map. If there is no houses just go fusiliers.

In the end you just have to approach the maxim right. But if he is good he won't let you

Do you recommend fortifications or breakthrough doctrine?
3 Jan 2016, 01:48 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Like in the post i wrote Fusiliers, which meant Breakthrough. Breakthrough has some underrated abilities people don't use a lot. If you find your way of using it in the right time you can get yourself a real good advantage with that. I personally don't use fortifications anymore.
AVA
3 Jan 2016, 03:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2016, 01:48 AMd0ggY
Like in the post i wrote Fusiliers, which meant Breakthrough. Breakthrough has some underrated abilities people don't use a lot. If you find your way of using it in the right time you can get yourself a real good advantage with that. I personally don't use fortifications anymore.

I personally still like fortifications the most in both 1v1 and 2v2. (Especially for bunkers). When I go breakthrough I usually regret that I didn't go fortifications, as I can't really seem to find a good use for the fusiliers.

But what are some top tier commanders the OKW can use apart from the you mentioned "Breakthrough" And "Fortifications" or are these the only 2 real good commanders?
3 Jan 2016, 03:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Pretty much all okw commanders are viable in a lot of situations. But you asked for maxim counters, i just gave you the best otions for that.
AVA
3 Jan 2016, 03:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2016, 03:30 AMd0ggY
Pretty much all okw commanders are viable in a lot of situations. But you asked for maxim counters, i just gave you the best otions for that.

I'll try it out!
Maybe I am just using them wrong. But how are Fusiliers countering maxims exactly?

and what are the best abilities on the Breakthrough commander and does it also have abilities I shouldn't be using?

3 Jan 2016, 05:49 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The Cap ability is pretty much really great for pushes. barely i see people using it. and with fusiliers you have to flank and just shoot at the gunner, while other squad distracts it to shoot
AVA
3 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM

- (doublepost) -
Remove.
AVA
3 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2016, 05:49 AMd0ggY
The Cap ability is pretty much really great for pushes. barely i see people using it. and with fusiliers you have to flank and just shoot at the gunner, while other squad distracts it to shoot

Do the fusilier actually do damage to the MG that's hiding in a building by just shooting at it? if so that would be great.
Volksgredaniers need to shoot at the MG for like 5min for the MG to die lol.
3 Jan 2016, 16:15 PM
Senior Caster Badge

they do damage when you don't get surpressed or pinned and in green cover. also you have nades! ;) Fusiliers get insane with g43 and higher veterancy and you get them early
4 Jan 2016, 08:45 AM

Against the maxim spam i would reccomend you use double ISG. Their barrage is good, it recharges fast, just protect them, i will be hard for while, but they cant sustain the maxim spam too long, if you keep bombarding them they will break :)
4 Jan 2016, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2016, 06:06 AMAVA
There was already a topic about Maximspams and I also have difficulties with it. I play 1v1 & 2v2's. In 2v2 I love fortification doctrine as it's easier to setup trenches/bunkers/43's in the mid/late game.

In 1v1's I have the feeling Fortifications doesn't help me at all as I usually don't have the time to build bunkers/43's etcetc. So I usually end up almost not using any of the fortification abilities, making me wonder if I should try other commanders?

Also in early/mid game usually my opponent has map control due to the maximspam in buildings, and fortifications is kinda useless if you dont have map control.

And if there are better 1v1 OKW commanders, which do you recommend and why?

Also what do you think of the fortifications doctrine?

Advice/Tips are welcome :) Ty!

Hi

In 1v1 top player are these commadders meta : scavenger , luftwaffe ground forces , feuersturm

Scavenger have good infantry , good AI tank and infiltration grenades. These grenades will flush any maxim from building.

Luftwaffe is more usfull against USA or conscript spams because it help you to hold them at bay due supression platform in form of mg34

And last but not least is feuersturm commader. He is excelent on urban maps because double sturmpios with flametrowers will make short work of any maxim in building.

Also you can use incendiary grenades , they are good.

And I think fortification is great too , combination of supression platoform and those cheap AI mines on main line ifnatry make it really potent. Just keep in mind you can always place only 1/4 f whole minfield for 15 munny if you cancel building minefield by moving squad somewhere else after they build first field.

Bunker is good too , it allows you to hold some VP far out of your base , but also far out of his base , so he need to bring armor to take it out , thust leaving you time to react or attack somewhere else. Just dont spam them.

Zeroing arty is good at big enemy concentrations as long as you maintaing line of sight on enemy units and pak 43 will anyhilate any armored play if it is near medic hq and flank hq. Just keep in mind that almost any off map arty will destroy it so use it only against commader that have no strong offmap arty. from meta commader these lack counter to it
russian - guard motor, shock frontline , advance warfare , partisan
USA - airborne , heavy cavalry , rifle co
Brits - royal engineers with avre commader - here you need to keep in mind that avre can kill it in one shot so yu need to place mines , so avre cannot bump rush your emplacement

EDIT: flak emplacements are uselles right now , bunker is 100x better
AVA
4 Jan 2016, 18:16 PM

Hi

In 1v1 top player are these commadders meta : scavenger , luftwaffe ground forces , feuersturm

Scavenger have good infantry , good AI tank and infiltration grenades. These grenades will flush any maxim from building.

Luftwaffe is more usfull against USA or conscript spams because it help you to hold them at bay due supression platform in form of mg34

And last but not least is feuersturm commader. He is excelent on urban maps because double sturmpios with flametrowers will make short work of any maxim in building

Great post, thanks. I was already looking for the current meta-commander usage.

I don't doubt 'pros' though, since i'm relatively new to the game aswell, so they'll have a better understanding why something is better but..

I don't really understand why pros use scavenge and luftwaffe though.
Why would you pick scavenge over breakthrough for example, breakthrough seems to have better AI and overal abilities and
Also why scavenge over fortifications, as fortifcations also allows bunkers/mgs/flaks etc..

Feuersturm looks nice though! I was already wondering why OKW didn't have flame-units. When would feursturm be a really good pick over fortifications (which I run most of the time atm)

Thanks for your reply :)!

4 Jan 2016, 18:42 PM
Donator 22

Scavenge is a really good comander because you have Jägers which are really strong at long range vs any Infantry, you can scavenge with more resources, you can call in an Ostwind wich can save your ass if you were crushed by any light vehicle and you only have the battlegroup up and no fuel for teching up. Also the grenades are really powerfull and cheap so you can spam them. And finally there is the arty which is expensife but anything else then bad. So scavenge is a really strong comander for Okw, I would consider it to call him one of the best. I really like to play with him in 1vs1. But if you want a more defensive playstyle fortification is better.
4 Jan 2016, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 18:16 PMAVA

Great post, thanks. I was already looking for the current meta-commander usage.

I don't doubt 'pros' though, since i'm relatively new to the game aswell, so they'll have a better understanding why something is better but..

I don't really understand why pros use scavenge and luftwaffe though.
Why would you pick scavenge over breakthrough for example, breakthrough seems to have better AI and overal abilities and
Also why scavenge over fortifications, as fortifcations also allows bunkers/mgs/flaks etc..

Feuersturm looks nice though! I was already wondering why OKW didn't have flame-units. When would feursturm be a really good pick over fortifications (which I run most of the time atm)

Thanks for your reply :)!

1st Jaegers dont cost munny to become effective , so you can use that 90 munny for another shreck.
2nd Infiltration grenades allow you to force any unit of from building for only 15 munny
3rd Jaegers are completely different than other infantry , they can booby trap , have sprint and what is best , they automaticly snipe model (like sniper) if thet model have less than 70 % of health. If you use them with some volks they can take down squads increadibly fast. They have also insane vet bonuses , and in the end of day they have like 50 % recieved accuaracy.
4th better arty - 180 mm barrage is normal arty while breaktrought is puddingy ability that attack tstrategical point.
5th OSWIND. Iswond ocst only 100 fuel and is best. With good shreck and mine and raketen support you can kill countless infantry units with it and effectively trade units while you was a bit on back foot and then tech for flakhq. It can also quick games fast , if opponent is not able to field medium tank in 8 CP

Lutwaffe over fortification
mg = mg
defenses = defenses

And now it beggins. You get fallshirmjagers. Elite infantry that can fight any allied infantry behind cover from long range. Increadibly useful mid game with use of mgs , so you can shut down commado / shock troop / bared rifles play if done properly , while fortification need to survive only with hmg and then fast tech for obers to survive. Here you get poor mans obers and so you can go mechanized + medic hq and field p2 to get mapcontrol because you dont need obers.

pak 43 is nice , but is not so strong than early p2 and get countered by 50 % of meta doctrines (calliope , british off map , ifantry company arty , armor company arty , ill bombing runs)

And zeroing arty is as well as luftwaffe strike almost never used due it high cost. Yes zeroing is better but still not so strong to be your number 1 if you want to choose commader.

ANd last ability - vialant assault - this will make all your units as fast as oorahing conscripts so you can move shrecks as fast as enemy armor and this give you opeortunity to hunt down low health tanks with shrecks and this is without that ability impossible.

Yes mines and bunkers are nice , but often get countered and that is why most player go luftwaffe too.

Ofcourse even some pro player like Paul go defensive because it fit their playstyle so if you think you are better fortified with doble leigt and ober rahter than luchs that is harder to micro , then go ahead and use what fits you most.

This is just my own personal prefference and also why I use these commaders but other can tell you why use his commader too, so keep in mind that these are most used by pro players but also breaktrought and forty is used because it fit to some playerstyle much better.

Hector
AVA
4 Jan 2016, 22:35 PM

Scavenge is a really good comander because you have Jägers which are really strong at long range vs any Infantry, you can scavenge with more resources, you can call in an Ostwind wich can save your ass if you were crushed by any light vehicle and you only have the battlegroup up and no fuel for teching up. Also the grenades are really powerfull and cheap so you can spam them. And finally there is the arty which is expensife but anything else then bad. So scavenge is a really strong comander for Okw, I would consider it to call him one of the best. I really like to play with him in 1vs1. But if you want a more defensive playstyle fortification is better.

What do you mean with "and you only have the battlegroup up and no fuel for teching up" ?

No fuel for teching up? ;o
4 Jan 2016, 22:55 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2016, 22:35 PMAVA

What do you mean with "and you only have the battlegroup up and no fuel for teching up" ?

No fuel for teching up? ;o

If it didn´t went good in the early game and you can´t hold one fuel after t70 m20 or stuart is on the field you can call in an Ostwind to counter them and get back in the game. If you don´t have enough fuel for one truck + tank its a possibility to stay in the game and don´t loose it right away. Ostwind is much cheaper then for example mechanised + puma or schwere panzer hq + panzer 4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★