Login

russian armor

USF 2s Strategy

Rum
2 Jan 2016, 05:53 AM

Hey everyone. So first off, I'm not a super pro player. I am however an avid CoH2 player, specifically the USF. So, now that the disclaimer is out of the way.

Recon support and why its the best damn thing ever.

A quick note. A while back, the god tier NorthWeapon posted an amazing Brit strat for 2's involving the Tactical Support Regiment Commander, located here.

Now that strat alone is wonderful, and its probably that alone that has carried me with my latest win streak. But, for the sake of argument lets assume I'm a good player. I'll let you read that strategy if you havent already, but the premise behind it is the command bren which gives FREE recon, all game long.
No more sending Rear Echies to check and see if there's an MG in that house, or a Pak down that alley. AAAAND the Brit's get 600 MP worth of kit, for 150 Muni's, which they can happily drop on your forward ambulance for a quick enforcement. It's wonderful.

But, enough about Brits, you can read all about that later. You play USF. Because you love freedom, and you want to deliver that shit, en mass and with a vengeance. So I've always loved IR Pathfinders. Infact I love toying around with all the lesser liked commanders (currently trying to get armored company to work) IR pathies are mmm mm good. The call in atleast. So before I get off track, let me make it simple. Rifles are good. Use them. Both commanders require muni. Plant caches. The more the better. For every one Fuel, I prefer 2 Muni. And prioritize muni caches first. Now I know it sounds crazy because of early luchts. But think about it. Your rifles have at nades. (muni) By that point you have either a CPT out or working towards a AAHT. Brit call in for 150 muni gives you a free AT gun. Plus the brit player should have a sniper up by then. Now I know this seems to rely heavily on the brit player it seems, but that's how 2's are supposed to work right? It's supposed to be team work. If you fail your side, you're supposed to fall back and recoup on your ally's side. Yin and yang and all that shit. Plus USF is a hell of a hammer, and UKF is a wonderful anvil.

So I digress. The simple layout goes like this. 3 Rifles into your choice of tier 2. You're all big boys and girls so you can make the decision of what you need. If you're fighting alot of infantry, LT can give you that kick to stay in engagements. CPT is what you need if you're fighting infantry but you're getting that spidey sense that the opponent is holding back for that Luchts. Key things to look at is (mainly vs OKW/WEHR) alot of Wehr infantry but only like 2 Volks squads or so in most engages.

In games like this (which are most this patch) you have to dislodge the Wehr player. That is something IR Pathfinders in particular are very good at doing. The call in arty kills buildings. Enough said. Dont be afraid to spend that 140 muni to kill the mg building, even if that MG pulls out and retreats, that is a nest that it cant take up again. You're forcing the opponent to be reactive to you, which is what most Axis players are bad at. I'm not going to go into balance and all that crap, but as far as skill cap is concerned, I've noticed most axis players are very tunnel minded. The constant IR arty to dislodge and move that line back is key, because every time you do, that Brit player is gonna inch forward just a little more. He is your lifeline, and your job is to harass flanks and keep the horde of Volks or grens distracted and unable to group up en mass.

Now a big problem alot of less experienced players may run into is just a simple switch of fronts, ie the enemy saying screw the left side with the brits and pushing your side. That's why I think the LT is critical. I used to that the american MG's were worthless. And frankly I still think they're the worst in the game because of the mg crew and how they seem to always stand ontop of each other, but toss them into a building and have a RE dig up a nest behind it a little covering a secondary approach and you should find that you can hold the horde at bay in most cases.

A side note. I love the LT. But if you win some good early engagements, and snag an mg42, you can go CPT instead and use that MP on a howie or at gun for extra anti vehicle.

So, looking back on this, I kinda feel like I just typed a bunch of words but havent really said anything revolutionary. I mean there isnt anything special about it. It's mainly traditional USF strategy relying on MUNI, IR Pathfinders and NorthWeapon's fantastic Brit strat. But ffs it's solid as hell and I dont know how I didnt see it before in that brit commander.

PS The mind games you can play with the flares from IR Pathies mid to late game are great as well. He'll be used to you calling in bombs and if he makes a big push and you just spend the 20 muni to flare it and he retreats, well shit that gives you and your ally time to fortify or atleast a reprieve for a moment.

TLDR: IR Pathfinder Arty MG buildings, Med HQs and just about every damn thing else. Build Muni caches. Dont worry about weapon racks. Arty and MG's will keep the enemy at bay. Harrass Flanks. Brit ally is your lifeline. NorthWeapon is god tier.

Sorry for the essay guys. First post on here and just wanted to share my success. Next time I have a replay I'll post if to give yall the idea in action.

Thanks,
Rum
25 Mar 2016, 02:59 AM

sounds very much worth trying/very effective except for the fact that my beloved partner likes certain british commanders and id feel like a dick picking his commander for him
26 Mar 2016, 05:19 AM

Suppose I might try this sometime gent as I haven't played recon company in some time.
26 Mar 2016, 05:47 AM

All-in cheese/10. I will always prefer to have solid bar blob which can throw as much grenades as i need.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★