Login

russian armor

Veterancy and infantry

2 Jan 2016, 03:01 AM

Hi all,
Does anyone know how veterancy benefits (such as increased accuracy) apply to infantry with upgrades? For example; if I get some US riflemen to vet 3, with a BAR or Bazooka upgrade, will the +30% accuracy benefit apply to the BAR/zook? If not am I better off leaving them with standard weapons and giving a less experienced squad an upgraded weapon?
Many thanks
2 Jan 2016, 03:30 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hi all,
Does anyone know how veterancy benefits (such as increased accuracy) apply to infantry with upgrades? For example; if I get some US riflemen to vet 3, with a BAR or Bazooka upgrade, will the +30% accuracy benefit apply to the BAR/zook? If not am I better off leaving them with standard weapons and giving a less experienced squad an upgraded weapon?
Many thanks

Yeah it applies to all upgrades and weapons in the squad. So giving a vet 3 rifle a zooka, or keeping your Captain squad alive to vet 3 for more accuracy is a good idea, even though the zooka is pretty accurate on a vet 0 squad too because it mainly uses SCATTER to hit not accuracy.(even though more accuracy helps!)
2 Jan 2016, 09:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Yeah it applies to all upgrades and weapons in the squad. So giving a vet 3 rifle a zooka, or keeping your Captain squad alive to vet 3 for more accuracy is a good idea, even though the zooka is pretty accurate on a vet 0 squad too because it mainly uses SCATTER to hit not accuracy.(even though more accuracy helps!)

Scatter does little to help the Bazooka hit.

Accuracy of the bazooka: 0.063/0.048/0.034
Horizontal Scatter: 18 (this is more than howitzers and almost every weapon in the game)

As Cookie said, though, the accuracy buff does apply to the squad's weapons.

Generally I'd advise to give weapons to the experienced squad first as you'll get more value out of them sooner and him them reach the later levels of veterancy sooner.
2 Jan 2016, 22:17 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1
Canada 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak