Login

russian armor

Soviet AT and circle strafing

30 Jun 2013, 09:24 AM

Im having a problem where its stupidly easy for my AT to be circle strafed. Tanks just ignore my AT nades and drive fast enough anyway. I had a panther run circles around su85, which had su76 and zis 3 support, and killed it and got away. I ended up winning the game but my AT always get circled and Im powerless to stop it without a tank that can actually fight tanks
30 Jun 2013, 09:30 AM

You have to use combined arms to tackle mobile turret rotating German armour when it comes head on. You have a number of options which include:

• Conscript AT nades.
  • Guards button ability.
  • Anticipate the Panther movement and push your su85 (or other vehicle) straight into its path, your su85 and ATG will then tear the Panther apart.
  • Reverse your su85 into a wall/cliff, something that will prevent a Panther from constantly moving in circles around you.
  • Mines

Well microed AT guns are no where near as effective in COH2 as they are in CoH1. You must support them much more and keep them more back. No hold fire on ATG's however is part of the issue.
30 Jun 2013, 09:53 AM

Conscript nades dont do enough, the tanks still sprint with engine damage

The button ability also seems to do nothing

Fair enough

Ditto

I tried though Ill use more

Yeah Im used to CoH 1 AT. Im also used to having viable infantry AT though
30 Jun 2013, 10:51 AM

Are you scouting for your AT and leaving them room to back up? Also are you spacing out and staggering your AT?

If you don't place the AT guns/assault guns on a line they won't be able to overrun one of them without taking damage from the other. If you have a conscript ready with an AT grenade it makes it even more unlikely that they'll escape.

If you scout by placing infantry in front of your AT they will also be able to start firing early, even a panther is not going to survive long to several AT weapons if they can engage at max range.

As mentioned always leave assault guns room to back up, if they try to close the range you should be backing up immediately so they cant exploit your lack of a turret.
3 Jul 2013, 03:56 AM

Well microed AT guns are no where near as effective in COH2 as they are in CoH1. You must support them much more and keep them more back. No hold fire on ATG's however is part of the issue.

Yeah, no hold fire really sucks. I'd also like to see armor take priority in targeting. Right now its ridiculously easy to decrew AT guns with both sides. Strafe can decrew an entire Zis within seconds, as can a flameHT/Ostwind or T70/Snipers with Soviets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★