Login

russian armor

Recrewing weapons

30 Jun 2013, 06:20 AM

When I recrew a weapon such as a machine gun, do the guys that crew it keep their weapons and stats? For example, if I recrew a maxim with guards, will that be guards manning it now? And what happens when I reinforce that maxim. Will more guards pop out?
30 Jun 2013, 06:36 AM

They definitely keep their armor when recrewing. I think they take on the weapons of the weapon crew (which generally will be worse than whatever they previously had).
30 Jun 2013, 06:36 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I'm pretty sure they keep their weapons and stats but when you reinforce at your base you get base weapon crew.
Seb
30 Jun 2013, 17:50 PM
Admin Black Badge

I think in coh1 surprisingly you would actually reinforce the type of unit you recrewed with. I'd say it needs further testing.
3 Jul 2013, 14:46 PM

I was wondering that too. If the squad would stay as effective as before (would Shock Troops maintain their high armor or Panzergrenadiers their high DPS).

Here is a Post I posted on the official Forum I can't link to at the moment because the official site is down atm:

I know that this has been in the game since CoH1. But why do reinforce cost of a recrewed team weapon (captured Maxim with Combat Engineers) orient itself at the cost of the squad that captured the weapon and not the weapon that was recrewed.

As of now you have to pay more to reinforce the team weapon if the squad you captured it with was more expensive. For example if I recrew a ZiS with three Shock Troops I have to pay 240 to reinforce the Shock troops back to 6 men plus 240 to reinforce the ZiS up to 6 men. that is 480, a whole new Shock Troop or a new ZiS and change. Sure you can say: "do not capture it with Shock Troops in the first place", but on the other hand what will be the benefit of a ZiS crew consisting of Shock Troopers; do they act like Shock Troops? Do they retain their armor and combat values? Do I want that?

I'm all in favor that if you reinforce a team weapon that it gets reinforced with original team members for the original cost. If I recrew a team weapon with expensive units like Shock troops and Panzergrenadiers, then I should have to pay only their high reinforce costs. And not also for extra Panzergrenadiers or Shock Troops sitting next to a Mortar, doing mostly nothing but being overly expensive.

Of course the trick might be to not let them die in the first place and that the recrewing and paying a higher reinforcement cost (and losing the experience) is kind of a punishment. But should it be in there, is it warranted?

I'm sure many new players have wondered why they are out of manpower after reinforcing team weapons that have been recrewed. The cost being related to the squad that captured it rather than the team weapon is not clearly explained.

And a comment came up about the Conscript merging. Sure you could save manpower by merging the squads. Do I need to have a Conscript squad at my base all the time to merge the casualties instead of reinforcing directly? But what does merging do to armor and weapons of the unit? Does merging with Shock Troops give them better armor? Do they get PPshs? And what do the Ostheer players do?
3 Jul 2013, 16:08 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Merge is supposed to give them new weapons but I think right now it's bugged and they're literally just Conscripts in whatever squad you merge them into.
11 Jul 2013, 19:54 PM

Last time I checked, it was the campaign so I could pause, I reinforced a squad of Shock Troops with several Conscripts and they got the PPSH, but they remained in Conscript clothes (graphics-wise) and they dies much easier after that, until I reinforced from halftrack for real shock troops and then they seemed tough again.
So my guess is they keep old armor and gain new guns.
On the other hand I'm pretty sure if you crew a team weapon (mortar, etc.) with Shock troops they keep their guns too, must recheck that.
11 Jul 2013, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2013, 06:36 AMAdder
They definitely keep their armor when recrewing. I think they take on the weapons of the weapon crew (which generally will be worse than whatever they previously had).

Just wanted to say great tips of the day in your signature and guides on your website!
11 Jul 2013, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2013, 17:50 PMSeb
I think in coh1 surprisingly you would actually reinforce the type of unit you recrewed with. I'd say it needs further testing.

thats exactly how it worked in CoH1, and why it was sometimes worth it to recrew an MG/88 with KCH... you better think twice about trying to flank a KCH MG :-P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★