Login

russian armor

winning as Brits in 2v2 without turtling ?

28 Dec 2015, 05:48 AM

Oh, Hi guys !

A friend and I won an epic 2v2/3v3 today, but tbh, it felt very cheap as I spammed braced emplacements late game and camped our way to victory...

I hate playing like this. We did in fact play aggressive (minimal emplacements) early/mid- but late there was no way our fireflies/jacksons/AT guns were going to stand up to 2-3 OKW KTs/panthers+stukas+blobs of shrecks...

I hope Relic adjusts this so that players who turtle aren't rewarded.

Btw, what tanks are most effective vs heavy armor besides fireflies? Cheers !

edit: vCoH I never liked Brits - but, I kinda like CoH2 brits. ^^
28 Dec 2015, 05:57 AM

Just get two cromwells and then rush for Comets, it'll be a hard gg.
28 Dec 2015, 06:52 AM

alright, I'll try that. ty
28 Dec 2015, 07:45 AM

Is spamming emplacements really a cheap win? Aren't they pretty easy to hard counter after the brace nerf? I mean if you just keep firing flame barrages from the mortar HT they'll go down fast and there's not much the brit player can do about it. The mortar pit gets countered by other mortars, and the AT-gun is hard-countered, among other things, by the Jagdtiger of all units.

These aren't rhetorical questions. I don't play the game as much as I'd like - did something change with Brit emplacements? I just remember them being very easy to kill recently.
28 Dec 2015, 09:10 AM

Is spamming emplacements really a cheap win? Aren't they pretty easy to hard counter after the brace nerf? I mean if you just keep firing flame barrages from the mortar HT they'll go down fast and there's not much the brit player can do about it. The mortar pit gets countered by other mortars, and the AT-gun is hard-countered, among other things, by the Jagdtiger of all units.

These aren't rhetorical questions. I don't play the game as much as I'd like - did something change with Brit emplacements? I just remember them being very easy to kill recently.

Flame damage against emplacemets has been nerfed too... countering emplacement is only easy when you have multiple units dedicated to counter such things. In other words you cannot easily counter a mortar emp. with an axis mortar.. you either build 2 mortar, or get an MHT (which is locking yourself to a certain doctrine).

AT gun is countered by JT? Oh so thats why i see JTs everywhere.. no! ATguns can be countered by anything that is not a vehicle. Just like the PAK... and its fine.

So yes simcities are cheap imo... they always were, they always will be...

Btw... infantry spam (maybe a vicker) ---> cromwell ---> comet
28 Dec 2015, 09:27 AM

I'm pretty new to Brits and very rusty CoH2 so thanks for filling me in ! I had no idea flame barrage easily takedown emplacements.
28 Dec 2015, 10:43 AM

It would be great to see some high level Brits in 2v2... I haven't been able to find much. o.o

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2015, 09:10 AMRiCE

Flame damage against emplacemets has been nerfed too... countering emplacement is only easy when you have multiple units dedicated to counter such things. In other words you cannot easily counter a mortar emp. with an axis mortar.. you either build 2 mortar, or get an MHT (which is locking yourself to a certain doctrine).

AT gun is countered by JT? Oh so thats why i see JTs everywhere.. no! ATguns can be countered by anything that is not a vehicle. Just like the PAK... and its fine.

So yes simcities are cheap imo... they always were, they always will be...

Btw... infantry spam (maybe a vicker) ---> cromwell ---> comet

ya, inf with mg + cromwell + comet is a good call. I tried it last game and worked a treat.

They nerfed flame damage vs emplacements? That's just sad =(

@ I actually just lost to an axis player who had 1 mortar + 1 mortar HT. Perfect counter to my mortar/mg/AT.

---

Sim cities indeed cheap. Though, pro teams probably have no problem.

28 Dec 2015, 14:27 PM

They nerfed flame damage vs emplacements? That's just sad =(

Yep. It is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %