Login

russian armor

Advice for playing Brits?

28 Dec 2015, 02:18 AM

Hey guys, haven't played much over Christmas and last time I did was directly after the last round of nerfing, so I was surprised to see the Brit win-rate crawl back up to 45% or so according to Relic, considering how much of their arsenal feels underpowered.

Anyways, the top 200 who know the game seem to be doing fine, so what kind of strats and such do they use that works, because right now I find I'm forced into Tank Hunters every time to halt the fast Luchs or double 222 in 1v1 and have no idea what to do vs MG walls in 2v2.
28 Dec 2015, 10:29 AM

Never had a problem against quick vehicles in CoH2 with Brits, unlike in CoH1. The armoured car works well against them, has the target tread ability to make it useful later in the game (works great in team games with stuff like B-4s), and while it's not an AI vehicle it is accurate enough against infantry that it can be used to attack machine guns guarding a point or something like that and eventually wipe it unless it retreats (unlike for example the gun of the SU-76).

Heavy T0 (I get 6-7 T0 units including the starter squad), pre-empt the enemy's vehicle with an AC, then start pumping out Cromwells ASAP and transition into Firefly+Crocodile+Heavy engineers is what I do.
28 Dec 2015, 20:41 PM

Hey guys, haven't played much over Christmas and last time I did was directly after the last round of nerfing, so I was surprised to see the Brit win-rate crawl back up to 45% or so according to Relic, considering how much of their arsenal feels underpowered.

Anyways, the top 200 who know the game seem to be doing fine, so what kind of strats and such do they use that works, because right now I find I'm forced into Tank Hunters every time to halt the fast Luchs or double 222 in 1v1 and have no idea what to do vs MG walls in 2v2.

Early game is just holding on to territory with MG's, and supplementing defense with sections. AEC is a must, so do it, transitioning into late game is the hardest however, especially if you're using default commanders. If you really want to step your game up, get Vanguard operations, pretty dank. Crocodile+firefly=instant win. Biggest problems you'll face are your own captured MG's and ost snipers, and panzerwerfers, and panthers.

BTW don't ever go artillery or engineer, just don't.
28 Dec 2015, 20:56 PM

It's the allied version of a late game army, treat them like the wer, my mentality is:

Early game: Hold your side
Mid game: expand when possible
Late: Assualt and hammer away

Text book Wer.
28 Dec 2015, 21:19 PM

I get 1hmg first then 2 more IS, then tech up get a sapper, depend on enemy tech, AC if they go OKW mech, Borfos if they go med, IS get LMGs, get AT gun then a sniper if against OH. then get a Cromwell, then get churchill+firefly, by this time i prob lost 1-2 of IS replace it with heavy engineers with lmg to fight infantry.

in early game i might get a mortar pit early to fight ISG if they got 2. mortar can be deal it with borfos's skill.
28 Dec 2015, 22:28 PM

crutch on your teammates until the late game and hope you can hold a fuel point.

Then your only hope is the comet;)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS