Login

russian armor

Possible bug m2hb 50 cal hmg vet 2 bonuses

22 Dec 2015, 04:05 AM

According to the coh2 veterancy guide, the usf 50 cal machine gun receives these bonuses:

+25% damage, +50% max range penetration, -55% set up time,
+40% weapon rotation speed

But when looking at the editor, the only thing I'm seeing is the setup time bonus and the rotation bonus.

I see that when vet 2 is reached, the squad has it's gun changed from

attributes\weapon\aef\small_arms\machine_gun\heavy_machine_gun\m2hb_50cal_mp

to

attributes\weapon\aef\small_arms\machine_gun\heavy_machine_gun\m2hb_50cal_fast_setup_mp

But that new gun does not have increased damage or penetration. Nor do the vet bonuses in the vet2 table give that gun those bonuses.

Is this a bug? Were they removed in a patch and it hasn't been updated yet? Or maybe I'm reading the attribute editor incorrectly?
Only Relic postRelic 4 Jan 2016, 18:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The USF .50 Cal HMG is working as Intended, I believe the guide you are looking at hasn't been updated, Thanks
4 Jan 2016, 19:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The USF .50 Cal HMG is working as Intended, I believe the guide you are looking at hasn't been updated, Thanks

Yeah aplogies zeavis i just fixed it now

I just found/saw a patchnote where:

"Previously the 50cal had an additional weapon that was activated at vet2. That weapon was not effected with the previous HMG changes. We are also improving usability of the HMG.
VET 2 50 Cal weapon has had its stats adjusted in relation to the previous changes to HMGs (Damage reduced from 16 to 20(Bad wording here im assuming..? damage was "reduced" to 20?? but its still 16 dmg in the stats for both vet 2 and vet 0 50 cal) Burst unified to 1, incremental accuracy from 1.04 to 1.15, search radius changed from 6/8/10 to 10/12.5/15, penetration from 1.5 to 1(+50% penetration removed, didnt see this...but why u nerf 50 cal relic? ) nearby suppression radius from 10 to 13)
Focus fire set to false
Gun will instantly transfer to other member if it dies on retreat"

Sorry for taking so long to see this thread, next time if you could just post it in the comments for the vet guide itself or PM me, and ill update it post haste. Its more likely to catch my eye than a random bug thread. thanks
4 Jan 2016, 20:13 PM

Yeah aplogies zeavis i just fixed it now

I just found/saw a patchnote where:

"Previously the 50cal had an additional weapon that was activated at vet2. That weapon was not effected with the previous HMG changes. We are also improving usability of the HMG.
VET 2 50 Cal weapon has had its stats adjusted in relation to the previous changes to HMGs (Damage reduced from 16 to 20(Bad wording here im assuming..? damage was "reduced" to 20?? but its still 16 dmg in the stats for both vet 2 and vet 0 50 cal) Burst unified to 1, incremental accuracy from 1.04 to 1.15, search radius changed from 6/8/10 to 10/12.5/15, penetration from 1.5 to 1(+50% penetration removed, didnt see this...but why u nerf 50 cal relic? ) nearby suppression radius from 10 to 13)
Focus fire set to false
Gun will instantly transfer to other member if it dies on retreat"

Sorry for taking so long to see this thread, next time if you could just post it in the comments for the vet guide itself or PM me, and ill update it post haste. Its more likely to catch my eye than a random bug thread. thanks

No problem cookiez, I wasn't sure if the guide was wrong, or if the game had a bug. So I erred on the guide being correct and posted here since I wasn't sure where I could post about the guide.

In the future I'll PM you first, thanks for looking into it though!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 14
New Zealand 13
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak