Login

russian armor

A Laptop Noble requests assistance!

20 Dec 2015, 19:24 PM

Greetings!

After a hectic semestre in university, I finally have some spare time to play my favourite game again. Last time I played competitively was in April, and the game was running smooth as ice on 3v3 games, even with incendiary barrages, rocket artillery and burning wrecks from doomed vehicles. Now after updating my drivers and the game itself, I get the message saying that my game might be lagging behind because of too high settings. This is false, as I have the exact same settings as I used back then.

I tried to run the game in 8 bit colors (through the properties of the launch file found in the steam apps) to see if it had any effect but, in-game I noticed it was not using this.

Is there anything I should know about this setting?
... and is there anything else I can do to make the game running better?

PS: I know about the replay recording issues, and I have promptly disabled it before playing.
24 Dec 2015, 08:07 AM

I played COH2 on laptop as well. Usually I played on Medium setting eventhough COH2 options also said that my setting is too high and might deter performance. I realize that I havent updated my NVIDIA driver for about 1 month and after last update, NVIDIA program said that I could run in high settings, so I tried that. The game of course still warns me that I run on higher setting than what y graphic card could handle. but it now runs pretty smooth on both 1v1 and 4v4 alike, slow fps only when battlefield clusterfcks happens.

So back to the original question, does your game actually lags? as in theres fps decrease as well?

(Feels like replying coz nobody visits the Hardware and Tech sub forums anymore :( )

Cheers
25 Dec 2015, 17:47 PM
Donator 33

Afaik the main thing to do in a low bandwidth situation is to lower the resolution. Also make sure you're not running AA above low setting.

I know, doesn't really answer the question of why it used to run better....
27 Dec 2015, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2015, 08:07 AMDebtCo
So back to the original question, does your game actually lags? as in theres fps decrease as well?

(Feels like replying coz nobody visits the Hardware and Tech sub forums anymore :( )

Cheers

Thanks for your input, I know many people complain about this issue, even with brand new supercomputers.

My game runs just about flawless the first 8-10 minutes depending on battlefield conditions. After that, my game tends to start lagging behind the other players. The game eventually catches up with the others with even intervals, but this generally just happens after I have lost enough units to lose regardless of my skills. This is strange because I should have sufficient RAM. My FPS never goes below 14 and trends around 20 (which is bad but not horrible). It starts the game off with 40-50 fps with a steady decrease to the aforementioned values.

Guess I'll start playing 1v1's exclusively allthough 2v2's are most fun imo :thumbsup:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 8
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 43

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %