Login

russian armor

Force Awakens

18 Dec 2015, 07:52 AM
Benefactor 115

No spoilers please. Anything thing that has spoilers will be invised.

But what do you guys think of it? Liked it? loved it? hated it?

How do you think it compares to the other movies etc.
19 Dec 2015, 22:57 PM
Donator 11

The good old Star Wars magic was missing - im a bit embarrased.
Villains are a joke and too many reused orginal Star Wars scences. Not enough lightsabber fights/usage.

The effects are good and it was not a bad movie at all but compared to the old ones - im a bit disappointed, maybe the expectations were too high.
At least Jar Jar Binks isnt part of that movie.
19 Dec 2015, 23:17 PM

I enjoyed it. It is well made. Do have to agree on the "Villains are a joke and "too many reused orginal Star Wars scences" I was like, hey ive seen this before like 5 times. I was kinda like wtf by the scene

But yeah more will probably follow!
19 Dec 2015, 23:20 PM

I liked it, but I agree. It was far too much "A New Hope Redux".
19 Dec 2015, 23:25 PM

It is a good movie, superb actually if you compare it to the prequals. For the rest I agree with the others. The plot felt lacking in some areas, and simply great in other areas.

I definitely agree on the "Villains are a joke and "too many reused orginal Star Wars scences".

To put it quite frankly this felt like A New Hope in a new suit with some twists here and there.
21 Dec 2015, 06:52 AM

its a lot like new hope (even to the point of reusing certain themes and scenes) because theyre going for the nostalgia factor imo, trying to remake popular sequel scenes with technology from 2015 and just loading the movie up with little jokes and throwbacks to the original star wars.

also i think its pretty intentional that kylo ren is depicted the way he is

21 Dec 2015, 12:32 PM

I liked the movie but I think it could have been longer to explain a few things. It was chopped to much for the cinema.

I hope they will release director's cut in the future.

Exemple:

They cut the scene where Leia send an ambassador to the New Republic senate to ask for help to fight the New Order. It was explained there that Coruscand is not longer the capital.

Senate and chancellor Villecham cut from the movie:

21 Dec 2015, 13:14 PM

Actually the fact there was only one lightsabre fight made it better, because all the time you saw lightsabres but no one used them, and so when you got it in the end it felt like a big build up to a proper Star Wars experience. I actually sat there and thought 'Yes! A lightsabre fight!'
21 Dec 2015, 15:06 PM
Donator 11

I liked the movie but I think it could have been longer to explain a few things. It was chopped to much for the cinema...

+1
I think it was way too rushed, basically just some gap filler to introduce the new cast and cash in on some nostalgia, with way too many similarities to A New Hope.

21 Dec 2015, 15:26 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I really enjoyed the film. Yes they did re-use the same kinda plot from New Hope but it was still an incredible film. For people saying there wasn't any real good light saber duels its because Finn and Rei are not trained in using them yet.
1 Mar 2016, 23:01 PM

I liked the movies, with the exception of the big, big planet-size Death Star. This was really a overshot.

Other than that, I don't have such rose-tinted glasses over the original trilogy, and I enjoyed the prequels, specially the third one - the films tried to tell a new story and, for good or bad, they managed to win the hearts of fans - or else that Clone War Cartoon would not be so succesfull, as well as the dozens of merchandise/books/games about the Clone Wars.

Episode VII really tries hard to earn the hearts of people with all those New Hope references, and as I watched I felt like seeing a rehash, with no new story. In that sense, I came out of the cinema a little disappointed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★