Login

russian armor

Help with german early

28 Jun 2013, 22:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

After playing sovjets for 50 levels almost exclusively I'm now starting to play some Ostheer, but my problem is I never know how many grens compared to pgrens I need.
I usually start with Gren, MG, Gren but should I tech up immediatly after that or make some other units?

Thanks
29 Jun 2013, 16:28 PM

Depends from the map if it's 2s2 on map for 6 players HMGs are useless, just spam 4-5 grens so u can run back and front all the time, also till u get HMG as 2nd unit he will eihgter have 2 or 3 conscripts with molotovs or Truck with flamers or Maxim MG which will tear apart ur HMG so it's tottaly useless to get it that early in game
29 Jun 2013, 16:46 PM

Check out this for grenadier spam, or this for a few grens to T2, or this for rush to T2.

I used to go triple gren to MG before fuel depot and heading to T3, but getting annihilated by maxims means that it's not really viable anymore.
29 Jun 2013, 19:13 PM

I've been using 1 gren 1 mg then a mortar followed by a quick tech to tier 2 or 1 more mg or gren depending on conscript/mg spam. An early german mortar helps massively if you can tie them up with your mgs and grens long enough. Try to get the mortar closer to the fight so it's more accurate. It also seems to hit almost on the spot if you use attack ground instead of barrage. Be aggressive as you can with the mortar never letting them easy cap. Its also a way to fight those who like to sit in buildings early knowing germans can do very little to get them out.

The most important part of this is make sure the mortar is getting used or it will be a waste. Don't let it sit back and wait. you go out seeking targets with your mg and grens and make sure the mortar is always in range. And retreat it if flanked then rush it back to the action.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★