Login

russian armor

[2v2] We're back to cheese meta

17 Dec 2015, 11:02 AM

Seems like right now Double USF can beat all axis combinations except double OKW, while double OKW beats all allies combination except double USF

3 volks + shrecks (no brainer with full mun), tanky kubel caps the map, 3 Rifles focus fire on it and still can get away.
THEN support by 4 LeiGs + Stuka, 2 Flak HQ lockdowns.
Spam the best elite infantry in the game until command panther + JT.

OKW easy mode. Best early game best late game.

double USF, enough early mid game power to fight double OKW.
Rifleman blob with 1919/BARs + 50 cal > Volks blob.
M20 shuts down Kubel.
Captain + Stuart hold Panzer II in line.
Just blob BAR/1919 Rifles + bazooka REs until you get 10 CP and SPAM marginally OP cheesy Calliope.
or Pershing call in.

It's sad to see the meta has come down to this.
British has no chance in early game, while Ostheer can do absolutely nothing about Calliope, it will just slowly chop away all your support weapons and stripe you naked.
17 Dec 2015, 14:34 PM

Seems like right now Double USF can beat all axis combinations except double OKW, while double OKW beats all allies combination except double USF

3 volks + shrecks (no brainer with full mun), tanky kubel caps the map, 3 Rifles focus fire on it and still can get away.

M20 shuts down Kubel.
Just blob BAR/1919 Rifles + bazooka REs until you get 10 CP and SPAM marginally OP cheesy Calliope.
or Pershing call in.

British has no chance in early game, while Ostheer can do absolutely nothing about Calliope, it will just slowly chop away all your support weapons and stripe you naked.

The game is really fcked up atm. I'm playing Europa Universalis 4 right now. I hope they will repair it, because they are loosing players..
17 Dec 2015, 14:43 PM

well I still beat dubble okw everytime as sov with cheese ofcourse but still... sov cheese also strong mate:foreveralone: (sovjet anti-infantry tactics )

btw i love your theather of war vids (i believed they were from you correct me if im wrong)
17 Dec 2015, 14:49 PM

The game is really fcked up atm. I'm playing Europa Universalis 4 right now. I hope they will repair it, because they are loosing players..

Last 30 Days 4,563.3 +144.9 +3.28% 8,778

:brad:

Cheese from all factions is stronk. Brit piat blob also stronk cheese, osther triple sniper also stronk cheese :brad:
17 Dec 2015, 15:01 PM

The to-go strat for Allies in 2v2 seems to be rushing one point, locking it down and pushing forward from that point again and again and again to not allow the Axis to recover and retake. For example the USF-SOV combo: SOV rushes houses in the south of Vaux Farmlands or how its called, spams 4 Maxims, ZIS gun and SU-85 spam, locks down the entire area and the rest of the game is both sides fighting over the remaining two VPs with the Allies winning before late game.

Or double Brits on Rails and Metal, who rush the southern VP and the house, lock down everything with mortar pit and bofors and continue to rush and push and pressure so the Axis players are always under fire and can't afford vehicles fast enough. LeIGs suck btw, they can't kill SOV mortars or HMGs sufficiently fast and since they have no suppression anymore, even infantry laughs at them. Kinda sad.

Maybe 2v2 is just meant to be this way instead of 4 players playing a 1 v 1 with occasional help from their teammate.
17 Dec 2015, 15:02 PM

well I still beat dubble okw everytime as sov with cheese ofcourse but still... sov cheese also strong mate:foreveralone: (sovjet anti-infantry tactics )

btw i love your theather of war vids (i believed they were from you correct me if im wrong)

ya Soviet cheese like snipers guard ISU, or maxim spam into call in also work :foreveralone:

Yes thank you. Those vids are from me.
17 Dec 2015, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 15:01 PMQbix
The to-go strat for Allies in 2v2 seems to be rushing one point, locking it down and pushing forward from that point again and again and again to not allow the Axis to recover and retake. For example the USF-SOV combo: SOV rushes houses in the south of Vaux Farmlands or how its called, spams 4 Maxims, ZIS gun and SU-85 spam, locks down the entire area and the rest of the game is both sides fighting over the remaining two VPs with the Allies winning before late game.

Or double Brits on Rails and Metal, who rush the southern VP and the house, lock down everything with mortar pit and bofors and continue to rush and push and pressure so the Axis players are always under fire and can't afford vehicles fast enough. LeIGs suck btw, they can't kill SOV mortars or HMGs sufficiently fast and since they have no suppression anymore, even infantry laughs at them. Kinda sad.

Maybe 2v2 is just meant to be this way instead of 4 players playing a 1 v 1 with occasional help from their teammate.

LeiG sucks in a way that it's too RNG imo.

And of course, no matter how good your RNG is, you can't wipe soviet team weapons with 6 men who can reinforce one model per second.
17 Dec 2015, 15:04 PM

M20 shuts down Kubel.
or Pershing call in.

has there ever been any time/patch in which not everything was cheese/nobrainer meta for you?
17 Dec 2015, 16:14 PM

has there ever been any time/patch in which not everything was cheese/nobrainer meta for you?

when Relic insists on triple/quadruple buff or nerf something every balance patch? No.

17 Dec 2015, 19:50 PM

Nah, everybodies just playing OKW rn.
17 Dec 2015, 21:01 PM

What is the best elite inf for OKW these days? Obers or Fals?
17 Dec 2015, 21:07 PM

Nah, everybodies just playing OKW rn.

I wonder if there will be one day that Relic fucks up so badly, everyone plays a particular faction and you can't start any automatch because there is no opponent :clap:
17 Dec 2015, 22:47 PM
Patrion 14

my logic to my personal belief that Axis are stronger in team games is that they got their early game buffs because they felt too weak before, especailly during early game. OST got this steadily throughout the patch and OKW, this december patch.

This would be fine if Allies got some compensations, not eqaul in magnitude of course but allies are not meant to defend in design (except brits which is weak right now) as much as axis factions are.

So allies still have to be aggressive and balls out during early game because Axis late game hasn't been clipped almost at all. The thing is, with mg42 in HQ and OKW manpower boost + stronger volks and Kubel cap master, Axis have just as much and more field presence early and not lacking in quality either.
17 Dec 2015, 22:59 PM

Just blob them together, you get better effects.
17 Dec 2015, 23:39 PM

The Volks + Shrek Blob !!!
18 Dec 2015, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 22:47 PMpigsoup
my logic to my personal belief that Axis are stronger in team games is that they got their early game buffs because they felt too weak before, especailly during early game. OST got this steadily throughout the patch and OKW, this december patch.

This would be fine if Allies got some compensations, not eqaul in magnitude of course but allies are not meant to defend in design (except brits which is weak right now) as much as axis factions are.

So allies still have to be aggressive and balls out during early game because Axis late game hasn't been clipped almost at all. The thing is, with mg42 in HQ and OKW manpower boost + stronger volks and Kubel cap master, Axis have just as much and more field presence early and not lacking in quality either.

Nah. Ost still sucks in team games due to their inf being worse and getting outscaled later and not having any indirect fire counter to super-range mortars howitzers early when you have to depend on MG and Paks (1v1 is fine.) + Not forward retreat point (same with Soviet, but you have more cheese B-) )

OKW has always been fine with trash volks before. They WERE durable + medic forward retreat point
Then Volks and certain OKW arsenal got nerfed, Allies got buffed (Terminator vet 3 Riflemen and vet 2 IS) + UK Super tanks.

It would be fine to buff OKW early game so you can't walk over them with Maxims Riflemen, even conscripts. But then here comes Relic with their retarded triple/quadruple buffs at once. Here is what you get: Full resource + decent volks + armored Kubel + LeiG spam + Early Panzer II in team games.

Nearly strongest early game, strongest late game. gg.
18 Dec 2015, 09:52 AM

1v1 and 2v2 are quite equal, but volks blobs doesn't have anything to do with balance but with being a n00b. Perhaps putting a max on panzer schreks? Like you can have max 3 volks with schreks?
18 Dec 2015, 09:57 AM
Donator 11

2v2 is in a pretty good spot right now. The counter to Calliope is awareness and micro. Check out these 2v2 stats and then L2P

http://coh2chart.com/
18 Dec 2015, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 15:01 PMQbix

yeah but can you blame them? If Axis make it to the late game with a decent fuel income, the Allies are done for. The problem is not the meta, it is the game design itself.
18 Dec 2015, 12:04 PM
Patrion 14

Played a couple of 2v2 yesterday and had the same impression.
Sadly its kind of in the nature of Coh2 that there will always be a combination that works best in team games. If you vary from the combination you're more likely to loose the game.

As Siuking already said the perfect combo for allies seems to be double USF with Calliope and Pershing or USF and Soviets with t2 and a heavy tank (although weak against stuka, so double usf preferred).
Same for germans: Double okw with one medic and one mechanized close to the fuel going for fast luchs, leigs, volksspam is meta right now.

Summa summarum: There will always be a meta that works best.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 15
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 41

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %