Login

russian armor

Countering Ost Sniper as Brits

13 Dec 2015, 23:10 PM

Looking for some advice here from other ladder players that have encountered sniper openings in 1v1 against Brits.

Had a lot of difficulty last night playing against Price, who opened with a sniper, forcing a retreat on my IS, bleeding my vickers, etc. Counter sniping was very tough due to the 55 cal aim time, and the UC didn't have the armour to chase down the sniper supported by a few grens. Plus, the ost sniper was able to 360 no scope my sniper at close range due to aim time which was hilarious.

The play used against me was a very heavy t1 into p4s strat. If I consolidated, I was able to hold a fuel point and some strats, though I obviously don't want to give up more than half the map to ost the whole game.

Anyone care to share some strats with dealing with very well microed Ost snipers?
13 Dec 2015, 23:16 PM

Shocks in M3.

Np.
13 Dec 2015, 23:18 PM

Shocks in M3.

Np.

:snfPeter:
13 Dec 2015, 23:25 PM

Use Necromancer to revive and lay an curse on the axis one, should be gg :thumb:
13 Dec 2015, 23:32 PM

Commandos could be useful but they come too late.:unsure:
Hmm...
13 Dec 2015, 23:33 PM

Commandos could be useful but they come too late.:unsure:
Hmm...

Commandos definitely do work because of the camo sprint bonus and such, but they do come too late to make the difference in the early game I'm looking for.
13 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

Commandos definitely do work because of the camo sprint bonus and such, but they do come too late to make the difference in the early game I'm looking for.

Doesn't price always get a brit sniper of his as own as brits? Hes always ready for ostheer snipers xD
13 Dec 2015, 23:39 PM
Donator 22

Mmm I don't know. Usually with USF rifles I hide units out of LOS and wait for an opportunity to ambush when someone gets aggresive, or I try a massive flank where I sneak one unit from the edge to the sniper retreat path. At that point I try and bum rush it from a few different angles to force a retreat.
13 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM

Doesn't price always get a brit sniper of his as own as brits? Hes always ready for ostheer snipers xD

Yeah, its a good sniper, but in sniper vs sniper the aim time makes a huge difference. Super hard to counter snipe.
13 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM

Mmm I don't know. Usually with USF rifles I hide units out of LOS and wait for an opportunity to ambush when someone gets aggresive, or I try a massive flank where I sneak one unit from the edge to the sniper retreat path. At that point I try and bum rush it from a few different angles to force a retreat.

Doesn't work as UKF really since IS aren't able to chase all that well. As USF its pretty straightforward like you said.
13 Dec 2015, 23:49 PM
Donator 22

Mmm if you tech up after 3 t1 units and go for an engi, have them do the wide flank, it might work. IDK usually i just go for a coutersnipe but im playing with level 200 plebs Kappa
14 Dec 2015, 07:38 AM

UC have accuracy bonus to sniper. but UC itself is bad...
14 Dec 2015, 08:12 AM

Doesn't work as UKF really since IS aren't able to chase all that well. As USF its pretty straightforward like you said.

this is just a low Rank gameplay tho..but i usually camp my sniper somewhere n wait for him to shot..

i mean camp like until he wont realise i was making the sniper..n lure with 1 IS like if it fail just wait,,
when his sniper down he rage for sure..

i take 3 min of the sniper game for me to show my sniper lol..n its worth it cause v0 kill vet 2 sniper haha

but what am i kidding im just a low rank player :guyokay:

unlike u guys..
WHO
14 Dec 2015, 19:33 PM

Yea, trash player here as well, but typically if I'm trying to counter a sniper, I keep him cloaked near my MG and use the MG as bait. What sniper can resist a camping MG?

But I watched that cast, and it's easier said than done.

My 2cents that you didn't ask for: I think you win most of your games with superior micro and engagement evaluation. You're like a crazy octopus that overwhelms your opponents. But when you're behind, I feel you could be a little bit more deliberate and tactical. Turn that octopus into a fist to break through, then return to octopus tactics.
14 Dec 2015, 20:45 PM

It is the riskies strat from all but I think one of few effective.

If you see sniper go quickly for your sniper. Afterwards engineers to place mines to counter 222.

You need to infiltrate your snipe in enemy lines (cloaked on spot where he can kill ostheer sniper that will snipe your unit and then backup - so you cannot countersnipe frontally). ALso you will have lot of time to shot him due cloaking time after his sniper shot - you have him on range because you have your sniper well hidden.

Yes it is hard to perform , if he get find he is dead but it it only think that work for me.

Hope it helps you.

NOTE: This strat is CRAZY !!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment