Login

russian armor

T-34/76 feels plain pathetic

PAGES (14)down
9 Jul 2013, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2013, 09:33 AMWiFiDi
irl wait a minute this isn't real life those damn amazing graphics get the better of me from time to time :P.

I think your missing one very important tool in company of heores its called flanking/ambushing. the t34s aren't meant to go one on one with a p4 your suppose to use a whole host of units to take it down. heck coh in general isn't meant to just have 1 on 1 engagements your suppose to use all the tools at your disposal. that means infantry, at guns, tanks, mines, etc... (or what we all like to call Combined Arms.)

might be nice to see an upgun t34 kinda like the sherman. (maybe give it a 57mm gun (that gun was better actually for AT.) or drop the 85's doc and make it part of the faction. as right now t34 feels like the t70 does a better job at its role and right now its role seems mostly for ramming. but straight out buffing it to be just as good as its counter part isn't the answer i feel. right now the Russians as a faction are better than the Germans in 1v1s imagine if they could simply go toe to toe with the Germans p4s. O_o

Wifi, we are talking about a very expensive unit here. This is not some cheap tank that is used for flanking ect, if you buy a t3 building and make t34s you basically commit to not having any AT at all other then those useless anti tank guns. You wont be able to afford a t3 with t34s and t4 with su85s, which is the the only real counter to german armor. The t34 is just not worth that, its a waste of money. The t70 does better anti infantry and the t34 is a joke verse any type of armor. Its only purpose is that ram ability, which is a waste of resources big time. Most pro soviets are totally skipping t3 and just builiding su85s because its pointless otherwise. Soon as the p4 rolls onto the field its game over
9 Jul 2013, 08:48 AM

Ram is instant win button. Now I'm laughing doubly hard at you.

Keep trying to fight a PIV with your cheaper T34 without support and headon and I'll continue laughing at you.

Maybe one day you'll learn some micro and to support its Ram and realise who has the iwin button.

Till then, I find you utterly hilarious.

It is only slightly cheaper, and its the heaviest tank within the t3 lineup. Therefore, by building t3 you basically committ to having NO AT. We have no anti tank infantry to support it like you have shreks. The only realy AT we have is su 85s, those anti tank guns are a joke, and all the other stuff is only good against light armor. So basically everyone is skipping t3 all together and going for su 85s now since the nerf. Its pointless even building t34s. You need to have at least 2 to 1 on the enemies p4s for them to even kill one, WITH ram. Being that the price difference between the two is so minor, thats going to be hard to acheieve. You also will rarly be able to afford both t34s and su85s, so the t34 basically became useless after the nerf.

So why would anyone even bother building a t3 building? It costs the same as a t4 building, and by building a t3 with t34s, you basically fucked yourself against any type of armor. Which we know the p4 is the german instant win button so you know it is used EVERY game, so why would you go t3 over t4, ever? You wouldnt, so the t3 lineup just became useless after one patch, because of whiners like you on the forums.
9 Jul 2013, 08:51 AM

Permanently Banned
Learn to play, seriously.

*yet another player who rams unsupported and cries for his own failure*

If you want a shit ATG, try PaK.

And this reference to yourself as "we" is hilarious.

Its even funnier that you try to refer to Sov teching as "skipping" a tier, when Sov can freely make the choice, whereas Ost has to linearly tech.

Please, leave.
9 Jul 2013, 08:52 AM

Speaking of which, the soviet PaK is better than the German Pak due to unit crews.

That's how silly 6 man crews are.
9 Jul 2013, 08:58 AM

Its even funnier that you try to refer to Sov teching as "skipping" a tier, when Sov can freely make the choice, whereas Ost has to linearly tech.

Please, leave.

LOL I have not built a t34 since the patch, so not sure what you are talking about ramming unsupported. The point you are missing is that by CHOOSING t3 you are fucking yourself because you will have no counter to p4s. You will have next to no anti tank. Why would u waste money on t34s when you could spend it on a proper tank like the su85? The t34 has no real purpose anymore since it lost its AT ability, and therefore, the t3 lineup became a liability to build. Try reading
9 Jul 2013, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2013, 08:52 AMhubewa

Speaking of which, the soviet PaK is better than the German Pak due to unit crews.

That's how silly 6 man crews are.

Soviets have 6 man weapon crews because they are generally less effective in other areas then their german counter parts. Why dont you guys understand this? The maxim is NOT an mg42 running around with a 6 man crew, lol. It has half the firing arc and less then half the suppression! Conscripts have the worst armor in the game at 1.0 compared to grens at 1.5 and their damage is laughable compared to grens. They are basically meat shields with some utility abilities. And our PAK is only better because it can "bombard" infantry. Like anyone ever bothers with that waste of munitions that can easily be dodged.
9 Jul 2013, 09:09 AM

Soviets have 6 man weapon crews because they are generally less effective in other areas then their german counter parts. Why dont you guys understand this? The maxim is NOT an mg42 running around with a 6 man crew, lol. It has half the firing arc and less then half the suppression! Conscripts have the worst armor in the game at 1.0 compared to grens at 1.5 and their damage is laughable compared to grens. They are basically meat shields with some utility abilities. And our PAK is only better because it can "bombard" infantry. Like anyone ever bothers with that waste of munitions that can easily be dodged.

Man, most of the stuff soviets have are really cheesy.

There are many key differences between soviet maxims and MG34s discussed everywhere:

1. Maxims can't be sniped while forcing retreat, MG34s can
2. Maxims have instant pack up time, MG34s take a while. This means maxims can easily rotate whereas MG34s can't
3. 6 man crew
4. Maxims move really quickly compared to MG34s

So, like I said in different threads, the Maxim is far better than the German counterpart to the point where it's a viable capping unit, unlike the MG34. Would you ever see this in VCoH? I think not.

Damage laughable to grens? Sorry, I tend to be playing a completely different game to you. Molotovs/PPSH (20 muni for siginificant increase in DPS) and HTD make them equal if not better than grens. Try killing a vet 3 conscript. You'll find it much harder than a vet 3 gren.

What you're looking at is the units on paper. But really, in the field, the differences are clear and it is now to the point of abuse.

I'm not saying soviet crews should be 3 men, I'm saying they shouldn't be something ridiculous like 6 with merge as well.
9 Jul 2013, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2013, 09:09 AMhubewa

There are many key differences between soviet maxims and MG34s discussed everywhere:

2. Maxims have instant pack up time, MG34s take a while. This means maxims can easily rotate whereas MG34s can't
3. 6 man crew

So, like I said in different threads, the Maxim is far better than the German counterpart to the point where it's a viable capping unit, unlike the MG34. Would you ever see this in VCoH? I think not.

Damage laughable to grens? Sorry, I tend to be playing a completely different game to you. Molotovs/PPSH (20 muni for siginificant increase in DPS) and HTD make them equal if not better than grens. Try killing a vet 3 conscript. You'll find it much harder than a vet 3 gren.

What you're looking at is the units on paper. But really, in the field, the differences are clear and it is now to the point of abuse.

I'm not saying soviet crews should be 3 men, I'm saying they shouldn't be something ridiculous like 6 with merge as well.

Conscripts with the ppsh and hit the dirt are great, because that commander doesnt have any other dedictated real infantry like shock troops. But regular conscripts are garbage.

Yes the things you said about the maxi are mostly true, but they dont have an instant pack up time. They can easily be rushed and flanked because their suppression is so low. It takes about 4 bursts to get units to even reach suppression and another 4 or 5 for pin. MG42 is almost instant suppression, with a massive firing arc. The main difference is the mg42 is defensive, the maxim is meant to be used as aggressive infantry support. But scout cars, flamenwurfer, mortars, snipers, and pgren infantry rushes all beat a maxim no problem.
9 Jul 2013, 09:46 AM

Maxims have a number of specific problems.

A) squad size and set up time means that flanking it with grenadiers doesn't work even if you pull it off. Even a P-gren flank microed well can still get snagged on the crew during the MG flip and have one man get the whole squad pinned before they finish the crew. Units close will get insta-suppressed normally.
B) Germans don't have enough early anti-building options to flush out a six man squad.
C) It can basically charge into a set up MG-42, get pinned and still stand a fair chance of beating it, which is just ridiculous.
D) Snipers and mortars will both take a long time to decrew a maxim in addition to risking being rushed by it even if covered by German MG/infantry. Not to mention, the 15mp reinforce cost means there's basically no punishment for sloppy maxim play short of losing one, and even then it's much less of a pain than German weapon team losses.
E) Most importantly, pure maxims is incredibly dull to play against and maxim spam requires minimal skill. Good German MG play is challenging, multiple German MGs is very high-risk (in that they will get scout-car'd, then stolen, then come back with 6 men in buildings :p) and also has at least three hard counters (even without the maxim) as well as the soft counter of the conscripts, especially with incendiary nades. Good maxim play is just attack moving the fuel points.
(F) The ZiS is way better because, aside from the barrage, which is actually pretty decent given the Soviet munitions situation, you can actually keep it alive for a battle and vet it up. The PAK desperately lacks both the capacity to hit T-70s in particular and general survivability atm.)

I'm kind of fond of the 6-man crew as a concept but it can't be coupled with the incredible flip time, much better pick-up prospects, really cheap cost and reinforce cost and ability to rush a set up German MG and still create interesting games.
9 Jul 2013, 09:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Wifi, we are talking about a very expensive unit here. This is not some cheap tank that is used for flanking ect, if you buy a t3 building and make t34s you basically commit to not having any AT at all other then those useless anti tank guns. You wont be able to afford a t3 with t34s and t4 with su85s, which is the the only real counter to german armor. The t34 is just not worth that, its a waste of money. The t70 does better anti infantry and the t34 is a joke verse any type of armor. Its only purpose is that ram ability, which is a waste of resources big time. Most pro soviets are totally skipping t3 and just builiding su85s because its pointless otherwise. Soon as the p4 rolls onto the field its game over

oh look another person who speaks for the trees.
9 Jul 2013, 09:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Mjsegaline: Please post a replay of your play. Thanks.
9 Jul 2013, 10:27 AM

Mjsegaline: Please post a replay of your play. Thanks.

Why not just play against me?
9 Jul 2013, 10:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Sure, if you don't have the balls to post a replay.

What's your Steam name?
9 Jul 2013, 11:15 AM

Sure, if you don't have the balls to post a replay.

What's your Steam name?

Mjsegaline on steam, add me. id be happy to play you
9 Jul 2013, 11:51 AM

You two are fighting all over this forum, this will only end in tears.
9 Jul 2013, 12:33 PM

Everytime I see them fighting, I'm actually Loling.

I think I can guess the winner tho :)
9 Jul 2013, 14:05 PM

They skip T-34 mainly because SU85 is so superior and cost effective that there is no point skipping it.

And pls just give us a replay of fight between you two so that we can be informed.

THX
9 Jul 2013, 14:10 PM

They skip T-34 mainly because SU85 is so superior and cost effective that there is no point skipping it.

And pls just give us a replay of fight between you two so that we can be informed.

THX

Exactly what I have been saying in like every post, but what the fuck do I know?
9 Jul 2013, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2013, 09:09 AMhubewa

3. 6 man crew

we are talking about the vastly underpowered T-34 series not those chessy pact, making something useful for its costs for the sake of balance
10 Jul 2013, 04:08 AM

Ram can easily be shut down by one faust. A t34 with engine dmg is basically worthless. Popping smoke also shot blocks a ram.

Soviet T3 has no viable anti-armor to finish off anything they ram. Not to mention, a P4 can reverse out of danger and/or pop smoke most of the time after being rammed, while the T34 uselessly sits there with its paper thin armor waiting to die.

Ram is free? Haha, no. 95 fuel aint free for a one-trick pony brah.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 49
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak