Login

russian armor

Tips for 2v2 as Brits vs. OKW?

6 Dec 2015, 19:57 PM
Donator 11

Title. I'm having a hard time with early volks/ sturms pushing off IS's and leaving my mg with no support. I've been using AEC a lot to counter early luchs but it gets ambushed by raketens and volks with good positioning a few minutes after I field it. Any one have a good build order or commanders/micro tips that have worked for them with the new patch?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Veto suggestions are welcome as well
6 Dec 2015, 20:17 PM

+

2x

Don't try playing brits pretending you are playing USF
6 Dec 2015, 20:28 PM

Try another patch?

UKF got pretty gutted...

I would suggest avoiding the AEC. It's not a great unit. Expensive, inflexible, and it only counters the Luchs. It is a better idea to just try and survive the Luchs with mines + an AT gun and hopefully emerge from that with a better army than to get a niche unit that dies too easily.

I will agree that making a build around the British Sniper is a good idea. It's still one of your best, high impact units.

I've not really figured out a good strategy for Brits in this patch. With the picture that CoH2Chart.com is painting... well, I'm not really sure one is going to emerge...
6 Dec 2015, 20:40 PM
Patrion 14

Fast T2 and plant mines everywhere. Problem is Sappers are now 10 popcap...
7 Dec 2015, 07:38 AM

I would say avoid the AEC.

As an OKW player, if I see an AEC, I will simply move back a bit, equip all my volks with shreck, and immediately alpha strike it dead. It will also indicate that you delayed tanks, and the OKW player will push EVEN MORE aggressively as soon as your AEC dies if you had no AT guns.

I suggest snipers, mines and a supported AT gun. Those work well against a luch rush. If you have that doctrine, tank hunter Infantry section can also stop the Luchs from simply bum rushing.
7 Dec 2015, 10:11 AM

Unless they fix the popcap you will be extremely disadvantaged at every point in the game.

What worked for me so far:

1 Vickers, 2 Sections, 1 Royal Engineer.

Your royal engineer should place mines on some nice spots asap.

AT Gun then Sniper, If blobbing is too great get another Vickers. If you manage to save up manpower, get a mortar pit going. Create a lock down sector with your 2 vickers and one mortar pit.

Don't bolster your squads, that will fuck up your economy. Go straight for tank (cromwell prefered to crush volks blobs). From that point on I would tech for Brens, so your IS get their late game power.

Now it's up to you, which playstyle you prefer (anvil/hammer/call ins etc)
8 Dec 2015, 19:43 PM

I echo the others, avoid AEC. no bang for the buck. After the initial shock, its useless.

It was the first thing i tried this patch when i was confronted with similar problems, failed amazingly.

Logic would dictate Vickers, but depends too much on the map, can be quite easy to flank...or in some cases the ubermensch blob is just able to actually frontally assault you and then flame nade you to death.

USF and USSR are better off in terms of counters, UKF is by far my fav franchise faction,but i would still recommend you avoid it until there are some fixes out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★