Login

russian armor

What have they done to this game?

6 Dec 2015, 09:28 AM

Team games seem to be badly broken as far as balance goes.. and balance only seems to get worse with each patch rather than better.

I also hear they don't care about anything other than 1v1 balance. This is like a big slap in the face to those of us who play only team games.

I am definitely looking for coh2 alternatives at this point. There are so many things about this game that are awesome but they just can't seem to get balance right at least in team games.

I'm pretty sure they will fix things in the future when they realize it is in their best interest to balance the game for all players/game modes. But for now I'm finding something else to play.
7 Dec 2015, 14:23 PM

1v1 is where the skill its at. 3v3 and 4v4 are fun modes played by people with not enough balls to go 1v1.
8 Dec 2015, 19:34 PM

1v1 is where the skill its at. 3v3 and 4v4 are fun modes played by people with not enough balls to go 1v1.

I really love the condescending snobbery of 1v1 players on any videogame.

Despite the fact that organized team sports and games are by far the most popular. I know popularity is not an argument, but saying that there is no skill involved in team games? Sod off.

Having played 1v1 almost to exclusion of other modes in COH1 and got sick to my stomach of it, i can say 1v1 has far less depth and variety then team modes. 1v1 there is no consideration of broader team strategy, synergy or multitasking like 1v1 does. Allot of the stuff that flies in 1v1 doesn't work in team games vice-versa.

Team games are my bread and butter in COH2, unbalanced as all hell, but still much more rewarding and fun.

10 Dec 2015, 09:03 AM

Hi,

Yeah, team games are fun but you can easily get carried or carry other team mates if they do mistakes. But in 1v1 your mistakes can cost you the game. You mentioned organised team sports, please tell me of a RTS where team games have become Esports? Starcraft 2 and 1 Esport scene is all about 1v1.
10 Dec 2015, 09:07 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Starcraft Esports was 5v5. ;)
10 Dec 2015, 09:30 AM
Donator 11

-snip-

Don't worry, balance is also a bit off in the more competitive modes (1v1 / 2v2).
They apparently screwed up some values in the patch, and match making is still a WIP it seems :/

Rumors say there will be a hotfix soon, to adress some issues.
10 Dec 2015, 10:02 AM

Game itself is great. Teamgames require a good amount of planning and coordination as allies.

Thats how it always was.

if you say it isn't balanced, start playing 1v1's. This will improve your play which will help you a lot in teamgames after
11 Dec 2015, 02:51 AM
Patrion 310

1v1 is where the skill it's at. 3v3 and 4v4 are fun modes played by people with not enough balls to go 1v1.

Yes, let's just ignore the fact that team-oriented games and MMOs are the fastest growing gaming community. I prefer 1vs1 myself but only because team games in COH are poorly designed and balanced.
Relic would misjudge their potential player base if they just make games for 1vs1. IMO, team play in COH requires totally new game modes that set it apart from 1vs1 design.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★