Login

russian armor

Error build in coh 2 tools.

5 Dec 2015, 06:03 AM

I have made a decal pack but when i build i take this error. "Error building Panzergrenadier Division Totenkopf.mod: An item with the same key has already been added."I have try and create new with other name another only just a number as name and more tries.Each time same error.Worked only 1 time but without description without preview photo and without name in the info file.After when i tried more times i tried again as the 1 time that it worked but again same error,didn't worked again.Any idea how to fix it?Also the coh2 tools works fine since the other 4 mods that i try to build works fine.
7 Dec 2015, 21:35 PM

send me your mod i will try
7 Dec 2015, 22:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There was an issue with the latest patch. Are you still having issues now, after the hotfix?
9 Dec 2015, 11:28 AM

There was an issue with the latest patch. Are you still having issues now, after the hotfix?

Hi.Thank you for your respond.Yes i still have the problem.Basically i made the decal after relics last update.so the hot fix was before i try to build.Also i have delete (for once again) the userdata folder inside steam folder but nothing changed.(at least about the decal)
9 Dec 2015, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 21:35 PMTiger
send me your mod i will try

Thank you for your offer to help.I will send you friend request on steam.I will make the decal pack and zip and upload in a server and send you the link.
9 Dec 2015, 14:31 PM

I manage to make it work but is not a solution or a fix.The only way to work and build the decal is to write everything while you create for first time the decal.All info must fill in in the first window.If i create the files and then i make any kind of change or add anything else it doesn't work.So preview photo description and icon need to be ready and select them from the beginning.Is the only way that it works.

Funny thing is that i can not upload.Hahahaha.I have problem as i have with another 2-3 maps and can not upload.My damn luck.
9 Dec 2015, 15:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Try building without a preview image, but all the other changes.
10 Dec 2015, 01:04 AM

Try building without a preview image, but all the other changes.
I have try that.It doesn't matter.When i create a new decal if i make any changes after the first window, (that you choose for first time the paths and create the files) then it doesn't build.If while i create for first time a new decal,i will chose everything (icon,preview,description etc.) then it works.Even if i close replace the tga files open again,then again works.But if i make any kind of change when is open then it doesn't work.But the win condition mods that i have work fine,even if make new or even the old.But even with that way that worked and build i can not upload.I take this message."Error writing file".I had that error also when i was uploading maps but almost each time that i delete the userdata folder inside steam folder then i could upload.Also that helped when i had problem with the save files that didn't synchronized with steam.I have wrote to forums about that but noone gave any solution.
10 Dec 2015, 04:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Make sure the path to your mod is short (try putting it on the Desktop, for example). Make sure you have the latest Java (64-bit if you have a 64-bit OS/CPU).

Also, have you followed any tutorials for setting up the Mod Builder and the Decal Pack?
10 Dec 2015, 16:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just in case, make sure your Mod Builder is set to "Release" and NOT "Curated".
10 Dec 2015, 21:16 PM

Thank you for your offer to help.I will send you friend request on steam.I will make the decal pack and zip and upload in a server and send you the link.

I am already your friend :DD http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tigerass/
11 Dec 2015, 02:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 16:20 PMeliw00d
Just in case, make sure your Mod Builder is set to "Release" and NOT "Curated".
Thank you very much for your help.Yes i have done that to place it in desktop and it is selected "release" but still had problem.But i don't know if they did anything in today's update (although there was something about 4-5 mb update in coh 2 tools) but problem seems to disappear.Make a new one same way as when i had problem and now works fine.What i cann't understand is why when an update affects something and creates problem why only few have problem not all.As the problem with the download when you start the game.Downloads again all the subscriptions i have,so i have unsubscribe from everythng cause2-3gb is a lot to wait to download each time i open the game.I search in forums and i found only 1 entry about that.I mean i have that problem and found 1 person,and noone else.Anyway.Thank you for your help i appreciate very much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 112
unknown 4
Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %