Login

russian armor

CoH2 Reading List

28 Nov 2012, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2012, 17:11 PMMVGame
Can't read that's why I play computer games.

same :(
29 Nov 2012, 12:38 PM

Philistines!

Off to one of Arne's threads with you then.
5 Dec 2012, 16:04 PM

Any more for any more here please?

5 Dec 2012, 16:16 PM
Caster Badge

Well there is the excellent war without Garlands by Robert Kershaw. Great book and rather gives a good idea of what exactly it was the Germans were getting into.
6 Dec 2012, 18:05 PM

Read through Stalingrad and Berlin by Beevor when I were a kid, great books. Haven't revisited them for 4-5 years though. Got a load of books, most in swedish though so they are pretty hard to find translations for (since they often are not direct) my favorite have always been "World war :A photographic history". A book I've probably looked through 10 or so times. Contains tonnes of picture and a simple go through of the war including of course the eastern front. If you want a quick go through of WW2 that is broad as opposed to specific, 300+ page books, I recommend it warmly.

http://www.amazon.com/World-War-II-Photographic-History/dp/1586630946

12 Mar 2014, 06:52 AM

i just noticed there is already this thread about reading im just posting what i posted before in a similar thread

just sharing some reading related to ww2 , if you have some too plz share .

The Rommel Papers

http://www.ebook3000.com/The-Rommel-Papers_72592.html

has very detailed information about his campaigns .

and
http://www.ebook3000.com/World-War-II-Winter-and-Mountain-Warfare-Tactics--Osprey-Elite-193-_191160.html

World War II Winter and Mountain Warfare Tactics (Osprey Elite 193)
12 Mar 2014, 08:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

For someone like me, who doesn't particularly care about the fine details of how the different armies organized their units or what was the muzzle velocity of X, Y, and Z guns, Max Hastings is great. I especially liked "Nemesis" (which is also called "Retribution", depending on where you are).
I've been sort of ambivalently plodding through Harrison Salisbury's "The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad". I'm looking forward to reading Snyder's "Bloodlands". It's on my shelf, but I probably won't get around to starting it until June :/
12 Mar 2014, 09:23 AM
Patrion 14

Even though its not reading, I hope I could fit a very good podcast here. Take a look at coh2.orgs newspost Dan Carlin - Ghosts of the ostfront to learn specifics.

Its great listening. Feels very personal with all the letters and notes, and also gives a good picture of what happened both on the battlefields and to the civilians around them.

9 Jan 2018, 20:43 PM

Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer is one of my favorite books on World War II. Since he was Hitler's head architect and eventual economic minister, it provides a lot of in-depth detail about Germany's gradual decline, especially in terms of resources, without any of the bias I've seen in other works.
24 Feb 2018, 01:32 AM

i hv a list of pdf books that i found in the net related to ww2 and to warfare in general , its about 30 or 40 i think

i will post here all the books in win rar files , small parts for ez download .

today or tomorrow i will post here the links , cya around .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★