Login

russian armor

family share and DLC

27 Nov 2015, 17:01 PM

I have been using family share to play CoH2.

I re-installed CoH2 and now for some reason the purchased DLC from my main is NOT available on this secondary account. All DLCs boxes are checked in View Downloadable Content in Steam...

Could you please tell me how to fix this?
27 Nov 2015, 17:11 PM

iirc, unchecking and rechecking the dlc will fix the problem.

if that doesn't work, you may also want to try starting the game after unchecking the dlc, close it, then recheck them.
27 Nov 2015, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 17:01 PMmadbull
I have been using family share to play CoH2.

I re-installed CoH2 and now for some reason the purchased DLC from my main is NOT available on this secondary account. All DLCs boxes are checked in View Downloadable Content in Steam...

Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Me and my housemates have the same problem. There are many problems with the family sharing when using CoH2. DLC commanders can somehow always be used by all family shared accounts, yet something like the Fall Blau singleplayer expansion, can only be used on the main account. Further more, sometimes the game mixes up playercards and wins and/or losses are added on the player card of the wrong player.

It is just horrible.

28 Nov 2015, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 17:11 PMhhhhh
iirc, unchecking and rechecking the dlc will fix the problem.

if that doesn't work, you may also want to try starting the game after unchecking the dlc, close it, then recheck them.

Thanks man i really appreciate it

It worked. Had to de-select all of the DLC, start the game, quit game, select all of them back, restart the game.

a pain in the ass because I pretty much own ALL commanders, skins, and faceplates on my main :)))
28 Nov 2015, 00:19 AM

Me and my housemates have the same problem. There are many problems with the family sharing when using CoH2. DLC commanders can somehow always be used by all family shared accounts, yet something like the Fall Blau singleplayer expansion, can only be used on the main account. Further more, sometimes the game mixes up playercards and wins and/or losses are added on the player card of the wrong player.

It is just horrible.

You should try the above

but 1 thing i can tell you is that, given:
Account 1 - MAIN ACCOUNT, purchased game, and most DLC
Account 2 - Secondary account, plays CoH2 via family share

THEN:
(1) ANY DLC purchased on Account 1 will be available to Account 2 for gameplay. Includes any PURCHASED DLC - mission packs, commander, faceplate, western army, etc To ensure these work, just play with checking/unchecking DLC on Steam first page - it WILL work eventually
(2) ANY DLC purchased on Account 2 will NOT be available to Account 1. I tested this in different ways, it doesn't even show up on Account 1 list of DLC. I have also enabled two-way family sharing, and doesn't work.
(3) War spoils are NOT shareable between accounts, because they are not technically DLCs - another example is the Decals from Make War not Love, which dropped as War Spoil and which I cannot access on my alternate account

Hope this helps!
28 Nov 2015, 02:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 00:19 AMmadbull

You should try the above

but 1 thing i can tell you is that, given:
Account 1 - MAIN ACCOUNT, purchased game, and most DLC
Account 2 - Secondary account, plays CoH2 via family share

THEN:
(1) ANY DLC purchased on Account 1 will be available to Account 2 for gameplay. Includes any PURCHASED DLC - mission packs, commander, faceplate, western army, etc To ensure these work, just play with checking/unchecking DLC on Steam first page - it WILL work eventually
(2) ANY DLC purchased on Account 2 will NOT be available to Account 1. I tested this in different ways, it doesn't even show up on Account 1 list of DLC. I have also enabled two-way family sharing, and doesn't work.
(3) War spoils are NOT shareable between accounts, because they are not technically DLCs - another example is the Decals from Make War not Love, which dropped as War Spoil and which I cannot access on my alternate account

Hope this helps!

I tried this step 2 times, didn't work. Uninstalled coh2 on main account and installed it again, did the steps and it worked!

Thanks mate! This helps a lot!
15 Sep 2016, 14:51 PM

For me, my commander DLC's are active and in use on my main account without actually showing up on the list of purchased DLC's. Nothing purchased since the middle of last year is showing up on the DLC list, but still works nevertheless.

Unfortunately the only DLC's that work for the secondary account are the ones that show up on the list. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as verifying game cache integrity, but I can't get the commander DLC's purchased since the middle of last year to show up on the list.

Is that working as designed, in an effort to get people to have to repurchase commanders for their secondary account?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 104
Peru 42
United States 30
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %