Login

russian armor

2v2 AT problems

25 Nov 2015, 20:02 PM

hi guys!
me and my friend are playing 2v2 AT (mixed axis) for a while now and in the last days/week we dropped down to a 1 win: 2 loses ratio. our main problems are:

- emplacements, especially mortar pit
problem is i only have the shitty mortar ht doctrine (no spearhead) and we have a very hard time
dealing without it which locks me into a rather bad doctrine
- indirect fire spam
we often just get annhilated by the pak howie/mortar pit combo which often justs oneshoots squads

we know that we need to push the indirect fire, since they have less on the field theoretical, but we struggle to push against IS with brens and vetted rifles while beeing under constant fire of arty. we tried stuka zu fuss but to be honest it didnt dealt the damage we thought it would to weapon crews (emplacements got brace anyway meh)

another thing is the constant recon allys had over us. the commando recon can be countered with ostwind (which we do) but espesically on the semoski game you can see a permant flare over the med HQ, it makes every movement almost impossible

some replays from the last 2 games:

thank you guys for every advice in advantage:thumb:
26 Nov 2015, 09:52 AM

I would check the replays right now but i'm in school so i can't, I'll try to check them later :P

But in case I forget i'm just going to give some advice right now...

Double mortar + double isg OR Stuka for okw counter all the emplacements and will kill the pack howies later in the game, personally i prefer double isg since it helps a ton with the blobs

The constant recon on one spot is not very smart usually, since it drains a shit ton of ammo which could be used on mines etc, i would say that having some high priority units just a little out of the vision and as soon as the flare dies you move them back there since most likely they think that they're somewhere else and are almost sure to attack so you can get the off guard with the units coming out of nowhere
26 Nov 2015, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 09:52 AMPlaguer
I would check the replays right now but i'm in school so i can't, I'll try to check them later :P

But in case I forget i'm just going to give some advice right now...

Double mortar + double isg OR Stuka for okw counter all the emplacements and will kill the pack howies later in the game, personally i prefer double isg since it helps a ton with the blobs

The constant recon on one spot is not very smart usually, since it drains a shit ton of ammo which could be used on mines etc, i would say that having some high priority units just a little out of the vision and as soon as the flare dies you move them back there since most likely they think that they're somewhere else and are almost sure to attack so you can get the off guard with the units coming out of nowhere

ty for the reply!

problem is mortar pit is 115 range while isg is 100 and mortar is 80. i fail to see how in an even matchup these counter the pit, in my experience the weapon crews gets decrewed by the mortar pit?

it was on semoiski and we were pushed to the cutoff, not much space to evade too except you want to go on that ice field while the enemy having a shit ton of arty :/
26 Nov 2015, 10:22 AM

You need to spread your mortars and isg out a little, since if they're stacked up the Pit is just going to barrage them and be able to hit both of the mortars, this also makes the risk of infantry smashing boht of your mortars since they're away from each other

26 Nov 2015, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 10:22 AMPlaguer

You need to spread your mortars and isg out a little, since if they're stacked up the Pit is just going to barrage them and be able to hit both of the mortars, this also makes the risk of infantry smashing boht of your mortars since they're away from each other

we do we do, but still the mortar pit outranges both of it thus it counters them? our indirect arty needs to be closer to the front then too. but we will give it a try (althought we tried it already, maybe double isg ?)
26 Nov 2015, 13:50 PM

we do we do, but still the mortar pit outranges both of it thus it counters them? our indirect arty needs to be closer to the front then too. but we will give it a try (althought we tried it already, maybe double isg ?)

Most of the times double isg does the trick as long as they're covered by mgs etc..

One trick you can do is to force the Mortar pit to brace, use all your indirect to force the inf to fall back and go deal with the Pit with infantry and/or atguns, pretty risky but does wonders
26 Nov 2015, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 13:50 PMPlaguer

Most of the times double isg does the trick as long as they're covered by mgs etc..

One trick you can do is to force the Mortar pit to brace, use all your indirect to force the inf to fall back and go deal with the Pit with infantry and/or atguns, pretty risky but does wonders

yep that worked. but seemed so much effort for a 400mp emplacement, thanks for your many replys thought. you dont need to watch the replays, we stopped playing (atleast for a while ) after dropping from 400 to 1000. still thanks dude.
28 Nov 2015, 22:50 PM

2 vs 2 Against british(my opposite) my general build order is -

2mg42,1 pio,222,pzgren,pzgren,pak,pzgren,pak
(spam teller mines throughout - nothing to spend ur muni on)

Tech to t4 and panther.

Choose lefh18 doctrine with MHT and sector artillery.

Against usf
2mg42,1 pio,222,pzgren,pzgren,pak,pzgren
pz4 or stug,pz 4 or stug
Tiger
Optional another pak
(spam mines throughout,especially early before u have armor out)

Lightning war/mech assault/spearhead doctrine.

Against soviet whatever.Even grenadiers are viable.
28 Nov 2015, 23:11 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I have seen this mortar pit stuff and it is a really hard thing to kill on certain maps where you can place them where you can't even get close with volks. If it is still early in the game and you are ostheer, try a flame halftrack. Otherwise keep moving all the time so it doesnt hit you till you have a good moment to kill it. The brace on that thing is even more mean though of course
29 Nov 2015, 02:13 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Mortar pit spam possibility makes it practical to keep a howitzer (yes howitzer) doctrine in your roster. Keep in mind this build only makes sense vs at least one Brit player with an OKW ally. Once you get your howitzer to vet 1, pop the counter arty, then you are covered. This counters every on-map form of indirect fire spam. Keep the howitzer in the enemy's fog of war and stay away from ambient buildings, and it will carry you to victory vs Brits. Against Brits 2v2 and up, I usually go triple engineer, double mg, double or triple sniper, double mortar half track, and single howitzer. As vehicles go, I use panthers usually, but any tank will due. Keep in mind your allies should not be building indirect fire and should either go ostruppen doctrine or should be OKW.
2 Dec 2015, 04:31 AM

1. Just veto Ettelbrück, that map is cancer - its arty shit spam fest, no flanking allowed, giant blobbing into bottlenecks. In my opinion no automatch map.

2. Watched the game. Your problem is that you had no counter for the indirect fire units. The Panzerwerfer would've look the game complete different. You had the resources for it. So there was no reason not to go for it.
If you are faced in a situation where you suddenly encounter a lot of artillery, you have to back off. Save your team weapons, prepare counters and then push the enemy off the map again. Trying to hold out while getting shelled to death makes you lose all your vetted squads, all your team weapons and costs you the game.

I know its frustrating to be pushed off when the enemy is low on VPS. But you have to keep cool in that moment and keep in mind you have a huge lead. An intelligent, coordinated push after you gathered your forces is far better than single desperation pushes with the hope to rush the vps to 0.
2 Dec 2015, 08:12 AM

1. Just veto Ettelbrück, that map is cancer - its arty shit spam fest, no flanking allowed, giant blobbing into bottlenecks. In my opinion no automatch map.

2. Watched the game. Your problem is that you had no counter for the indirect fire units. The Panzerwerfer would've look the game complete different. You had the resources for it. So there was no reason not to go for it.
If you are faced in a situation where you suddenly encounter a lot of artillery, you have to back off. Save your team weapons, prepare counters and then push the enemy off the map again. Trying to hold out while getting shelled to death makes you lose all your vetted squads, all your team weapons and costs you the game.

I know its frustrating to be pushed off when the enemy is low on VPS. But you have to keep cool in that moment and keep in mind you have a huge lead. An intelligent, coordinated push after you gathered your forces is far better than single desperation pushes with the hope to rush the vps to 0.

Thanks for the advice, hope it helps some fellow out there
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS