Login

russian armor

How to use m20 properly

16 Nov 2015, 21:54 PM

From what i've read and heard about it, one is supposed to be able to kick some butt with the earlym20.. But I find that not so easy to do, especially vs Ost since one faust already forces me to retreat it. Does someone perhaps know a good replay with someone executing m20 pressure well ?
16 Nov 2015, 22:13 PM
Donator 11

Just go in game and look for any good player playing usf in the live game section, 1v1s. The reason why it is so good is because it can kite fausts while dealing lots of damage to grens who may try to chase, and when it comes fausts and mines are the only AT on the field. Kiting means keeping such a distance to your enemy so he cannot shoot at you but you can shoot at him.

Also if you ever get fausted just go on the road, you will still drive fast enough to escape from infantry and repair. If you are in a dead end with damaged engine pop out the crew and use repair critical ability.

If you avoid getting double fausted or fausted with AT follow up every faust fired is in your favour. Why? Because you will repair for free but the enemy just spend 25 munitions, which is half of lmg for example.

So if you see a lone squad of grens stop kiting and go up close! You will deal more damage with mg, and if he happens to fire faust its his loss as you can wipe gren squad before it reloads faust ability. After he retreats you just hop out, repair m20 and go back to looking for lone squads.

Mind that even when opponent realises that and starts keeping squads together it is also good for you as he wont be able to capture points effectively.
17 Nov 2015, 00:30 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I normally use M20s to lay mines and provide infantry support. It can chase squads but I prefer to use it in front of and behind infantry to act as a damage soak in early early game and support in early mid game. The best part is once the opponent finally scrambles to pull out a counter, you can drop the vehicle at base and use the crew as an AT squad and occasionally use it to lay mines.
17 Nov 2015, 12:26 PM

Hunt lone squads, flank weapon teams and use it to support your rifl---terminators.

But really, being able to hunt those MG-42 teams in transit to a building is useful. Of the very few USF games I played, M20 hunting for lone MG-42 caused a rage quit.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 108
unknown 27
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak