Login

russian armor

Conscript range

26 Jun 2013, 06:55 AM

Didnt find any information about this, so gonna shoot and ask. Do you have idea on what range Conscript is best (without upgrades) ? Close , mid, high range.. ?
26 Jun 2013, 15:48 PM

Close range, normally. Use Oooraah! to close the gap to grenadiers and only fight them on range if you need to buy yourself some time (delay capping, wait for reinforcements).
Against Panzergrenadiers, stay away of course.
26 Jun 2013, 16:21 PM

i have the feeling that normal grens are way bether in close range
26 Jun 2013, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2013, 16:21 PMNibbel
i have the feeling that normal grens are way bether in close range

I believe they are better up close as well. From personal experience and others opinions.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 26 Jun 2013, 21:17 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Statistically they are balanced out to have no advantage at close or long range. Other factors like abilities or squad plans likely skew this to some degree.

i.e. molotovs are close range weapons whereas rifle-grenades are long range.
26 Jun 2013, 21:58 PM

Statistically they are balanced out to have no advantage at close or long range. Other factors like abilities or squad plans likely skew this to some degree.

I'm a little sad about this :P The dynamic between volks and rifles in vCoH was for a great part about dancing and softpaddling out if the other had the range/cover advantage. CoH2 doesn't seem to show this awesome cat and mouse game yet :(
26 Jun 2013, 22:17 PM

I'm a little sad about this :P The dynamic between volks and rifles in vCoH was for a great part about dancing and softpaddling out if the other had the range/cover advantage. CoH2 doesn't seem to show this awesome cat and mouse game yet :(

Indeed, at the risk of sounding like a broken record that mechanic was just so beautiful in CoH1.
26 Jun 2013, 22:52 PM

Is that so? Before you saying that I would have bet $10 that grens were better close up, but I guess more testing is in order. They seem to hit every shot close up whereas scripts still seem to miss a good amount.
26 Jun 2013, 23:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

In theory, they should perform pretty much the same. Pratically it ends up on random factor/criticals.
26 Jun 2013, 23:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2013, 22:52 PMShazz

Is that so? Before you saying that I would have bet $10 that grens were better close up, but I guess more testing is in order. They seem to hit every shot close up whereas scripts still seem to miss a good amount.

It's 6 guns versus 4, so the grens are a little more accurate probably to make up for that numerical disadvantage.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 27 Jun 2013, 00:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Like I said, there are a number of little subtle elements that affects their chemistry. I think we still have that cat and mouse, we've just done it in different ways this time around.
27 Jun 2013, 05:14 AM

Permanently Banned

tytytyTY for stating this publicly.

Now I will link-spam this to all the dozens of people I have encountered who vociferously and constantly state otherwise. Makes my life MUCH easier :D
27 Jun 2013, 05:20 AM

Can anyone explain the relevant stats on the COH stats website? I'd be interested in programming some simulations if I knew which values do what.

For example, grenadiers have:
Fire Aim Time .25
Ready Aim Time .3
Post Firing Aim Time .25
Post Firing Cooldown 2.2 - 2.2
Reload Frequency 4 - 4
Reload Duration 4 - 4

etc. etc.

I can guess what some of those mean, but I'm not sure about it and don't want to run a bogus simulation as a result.

If you had the algorithm for how many shots they fire, the rate of fire, reloading time, frequency, damage, etc. you could easily simulate 1,000,000 grenadier vs. conscript battles at each range and see what the outcomes tend to be.
27 Jun 2013, 05:39 AM

Thanks for info !
27 Jun 2013, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2013, 05:20 AMAdder
Can anyone explain the relevant stats on the COH stats website? I'd be interested in programming some simulations if I knew which values do what.

I think it still works like in CoH1 so you can probably use the basics from cohstats:
http://coh-stats.net/Info_Weapon_Statistics.html
28 Jun 2013, 16:58 PM

Their abilities are mainly what forces them towards a close range or long range strength.

There's also the LMG42 upgrade: its devastating at close range, but the soldier has to dance around a little before shooting, which is NOT good if they catch you at short range.
29 Jun 2013, 09:07 AM

Reffering to the numbers it atually doesn't really matter for regular Conscripts vs Grenadiers.

The weapon performance is the same:
Conscripts have 2 more rifles firing, Grenadiers therefore have a little better damage and accuarcy. Grenadiers shoot faster, but have a higher reload.
-> euqals out.

The resilience vs each other is the same:
Conscripts have a higher HP pool (6 * 80 = 480) than Grenadiers (4 * 80 = 320) but Grenadiers therefore have a higher armor value (1.5) which means they actually recieve 2/3 of small arms fire and means Consscripts have to deal exactly 480 damage to kill a whole Gren Squad.
-> equals out.

BUT this only goes for "naked" Consripts/Grenadiers.
Both units evolve completly differnt.

The LMG42 is a monsterious upgrade in terms of smalls arms fire and will slaughter Conscripts.
But while the Conscripts small arms damage stay at a lower level, Molotovs (and flamethrowers -> Penal squads) are a bane to Grens cause their good armor won't help against it.

So while Grenadiers are more effective stationary to realese their full small arms fire damage, Conscripts are more effective when played mobile, flanking, spiking in a molotov.

But as long as there is a naked Granadier vs. a naked Conscript, simply try to get better cover and you will win the engagement.

Regards
ace
29 Jun 2013, 11:49 AM

Permanently Banned
Excellent analysis and summation Ace, and hopefully one many read and internalise so as to understand the core relationship and balance between Cons and Grens.

As the Dev pointed out, clearly quite a lot of thought and consideration has been invested in making Grens and Cons, at least in their vanilla state, asymetrically (atleast nominally, not counting abilities and upgrages) balanced.
29 Jun 2013, 16:03 PM

Ace how did you figure out that 1.5 armor means they take just 2/3 small arms damage?
29 Jun 2013, 16:48 PM

Yea, I'm curious how you figure out damage reduction from armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★