Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Hamminkeln - Map by Lord Rommel

10 Nov 2015, 15:13 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Hello and greeting @ the Coh2 community here.

Today i want to present you my new map called
(2 - 4) Hamminkeln.

As part of the Operation Plunder the british Field Marshall Montgomery planed an airborne landing on the right side of the river Rhine to support the alliied crossing of germany's last defensive line. On 24th March 1945 the britsh 6th Airborn and the US 17th Airborn Division were dropped near the town of Hamminkeln during Operation Varsity. The region was defend by local german Flak soldiers, Volkssturm units and small parts of the 116. PzDiv. All in all they couldnt withstand the alliied offensive and within hours the alliies concquered all objectives.

The map is part of my privat project to create a series of map around the history of the 116. Panzer-Division, the "Windhund" division from North Rhine-Westphalia! Part 1 of this project was Kranenburg.

For more information and screenshots visit the steam workshop.

I have to thank MaxiKing6 for his help.

Please leave comments and feedback! Please vote for the map.
I hope you love and enjoy the map.

Thank you very much, Lord Rommel.
11 Nov 2015, 21:41 PM

Very detailed! I really like the train tracks somehow. Where did you find those objects which are scattered around the plane? (The jeep etc.)
11 Nov 2015, 23:51 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The vehicles and weapons are part of the "vehicle inventory". Shells, fuel boxes (this little green one) can be found at the asset inventory and the corps and barrow from the corps inventory. For the ground i used different splats and splines and the terrain adjustment tool. Splats are a bit difficult. I mixed a lot of splats here. Had to check them (when you are interested in). Same with the spline. All in all it took some minutes to find nice splats and splines. But i like my result. Already reused it at my Kranenburg map for an offmap crashed Ju87 ^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★