Login

russian armor

Commander Selection and when to select

6 Nov 2015, 15:20 PM

I think I must be doing something wrong with my commanders. Pre game I choose 3, in game the the three appear, I choose 1 and the other two disapppear. Is there a way too get all 3 in game and how. Do I select at a later tier? Otherwise what is the point of 3 when I only have one? Maybe this is why I struggle on standard level!
6 Nov 2015, 15:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You can't pick all 3 in game. You can'only pick one commander a game. And once you do, you can't go back.

The point of 3 is so you make a tactical decision based on the map/opponent/your playstyle.
6 Nov 2015, 15:25 PM

You can't select more than one. The choice of three is there to give you some means of responding to what your opponents are doing or will do, or what your teammates are planning.

EDIT: CookiezNcreem beat me to it
6 Nov 2015, 15:32 PM

you cant have more then 1 commander active at a time

you can have on your loadout 3 commanders of your choice but you can choose to use only one in game.

and to answer your second question,you have 3 commanders for 3 different scenarios

for example the British player plays old sim city,you as Werhmacht instead of picking a commander that has heavy armor on it you pick a commander that provides indirect fire options to deal with the enemy's strategy.

this also changes how you play the faction(how you tech and how you play)
6 Nov 2015, 15:33 PM

Ok thanks, then it would appear I select one later rather than
right at the start. How do I know what my opponent is doing?
6 Nov 2015, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 15:33 PMtonyuk
Ok thanks, then it would appear I select one later rather than
right at the start. How do I know what my opponent is doing?

predict, and know what unit, how much man power, fuel

calculate everything. this easier said than done..watch how Streamer play, learn from them, ask the strategist around here..they help ya
6 Nov 2015, 15:45 PM
Donator 11

Sometimes you pick commander to counterpick opponents commander. For example if you play against ostheer and your opponent fields assault grenadiers you can be sure that he uses mechanised doctrine so he will have access to stug e and tiger in the future, but he will not have access to ostruppen, puma, and so on, namely other abilities and callins.

Knowing that you can pick a commander whose abilities work well to counter abilities that are in his commander, what you basically need is knowledge what is in every commander. Against AI it may be a problem as AI can pick any of all commanders that are available to the faction. It is much more usefull against other players as on the loading screen you can see the 3 commanders each of your opponents can choose from and thus you can easier determine which one they use. Sometimes you can even decide with only the data provided on that screen! Usually you have to wait a few minutes to see whay is opponents build order.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★