Login

russian armor

How to make permanent DOTs?

6 Nov 2015, 09:09 AM

Hi. How do I make DOTs permanent (stay forever)? For example, I want the Fire Artillery's flames to stay forever. How do I do that?
6 Nov 2015, 09:31 AM
Admin Red  Badge

I don't know if you can make them stay forever.

One option is to go into the CoH2 tools, categories, weapons and find the Fire Artillery. Then find the damage_over_time, where under you'll find duration_max/min and set those to 7 200, which means that the dot will last for two hours. But, if you have a lot of dots around, the game performance will fall.

There might be a workaround for that. If the Relic coders put in an infinite value like 0 or -1. Give those numbers a try, and see if it works. If the game crashes then they didn't put those values in as infinite in the code.

I'll browse the tools some more and see if I can't find out more, but for now. That is all I have.

Hi. How do I make DOTs permanent (stay forever)? For example, I want the Fire Artillery's flames to stay forever. How do I do that?
8 Nov 2015, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 09:31 AMYukiko
I don't know if you can make them stay forever.

One option is to go into the CoH2 tools, categories, weapons and find the Fire Artillery. Then find the damage_over_time, where under you'll find duration_max/min and set those to 7 200, which means that the dot will last for two hours. But, if you have a lot of dots around, the game performance will fall.

There might be a workaround for that. If the Relic coders put in an infinite value like 0 or -1. Give those numbers a try, and see if it works. If the game crashes then they didn't put those values in as infinite in the code.

I'll browse the tools some more and see if I can't find out more, but for now. That is all I have.

It didn't work.
8 Nov 2015, 23:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge

All three things didn't work?

It didn't work.
9 Nov 2015, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 23:25 PMYukiko
All three things didn't work?

You only proposed one thing/method, not three. So yes, it didn't work.
9 Nov 2015, 12:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge

It kinda works, if you set duration_max/min and duration, under trigger_dca_action under dot_spawn_actions(damage_over_time), to 7400. The flames will burn out, but the damage in the area stays. I haven't been able to figure out how to make the flames stay yet, which is what you want right?

You only proposed one thing/method, not three. So yes, it didn't work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight