Login

russian armor

Constant crash / BugSplat in multiplayer mode.

17 Nov 2015, 03:24 AM

I will try to reboot again.
But as mentioned before: I rebooted everything including my router and modem.

I remember playing CoH while my girl was watching a movie on the TV run from the same PC via HDMI, with multiple apps in the background and browser with several tabs open.
The game almost never crashed.
This is happening after the patch only.
17 Nov 2015, 03:25 AM
Patrion 310

People suffer varying amounts of crashing in different patches (though it seems to be worse for the most part since Brits launched).
17 Nov 2015, 06:18 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 03:05 AMQuaD

The game crashed after a while. Not at the beginning.

I rebooted PC, modem and router.
Nothing else is running. Not even a browser.
After all the above I just got this: Crash Report #1159380
Around 45th minute of an amazing game of 4v4.
Love from my team keeps coming :)

Ps. My teammate just crashed as well :/

you may be a getting a (for lack of a better word) partial desync. basically you drop out of the match but the games keeps going for you. your units will start doing their own shit without you telling them to but other than that it'll seem like you're still in game. i've run into it a couple of times with friends.
17 Nov 2015, 07:25 AM

First of all, he shouldn't be crashing off of reasons like alt tabbing while in loading screen, or doing any of that stuff. He has 16 gb of ram, and a computer that is able to run this game fine. What kind of game bug splats like that, it's horse shit. We had 2 teammates bugsplat in the same game. 30 min into it. Skill doesn't win/lose you games, it's bugsplats. 4v4 is unreliable as hell
17 Nov 2015, 07:26 AM

Everyday there are more and more complaints off of disconnects, bugsplats, inputlag, memory leaks. It's terrible.
17 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM

Since you menioned W10 i'm atleast guessing that's the issue since a lot of people have been complaining about other games crashing/not working with W10

That's just my guess
17 Nov 2015, 16:01 PM

Win 10- not a single crash in:
Battlefield 4
Starcraft: Legacy Of The Void
Fallout 4

I even installed and run stress test on it. No problems. Memory tests- all fine.
I was multitasking on this PC like crazy before. Seriously there is no excuse.
17 Nov 2015, 16:19 PM

Key points,

Your ram EXCEEDS maximum requirements for the game as well as any other system requirements

Your hardware IS UP TO DATE and functioning perfect

YOUR ABLE TO PLAY ANY OTHER GAME AT ANY TIME WITH NO PROBLEM

Your not being disconnected on the Internet BECAUSE I'M ACTIVELY TALKING TO YOU AS YOUR DROPPED.

You have multi tasked for years and NO PROBLEM

THERE ARE SEVERAL BUGSPLAT/DISCONNECTED/INPUT LAG threads

How about a Nvidia/AMD update for the game, how about not having so many memory leaks and software bugs, how about not joining a game and being more in fear of a disconnect over the enemy team. This is beyond unprofessional from a game like this.

The fact that it was brought up as YOUR fault just makes me pissed the hell off. The fact that when you ALT TAB while loading might GG you. The fact that this game, this modern game wasnt even made crossfire compatible.

17 Nov 2015, 16:50 PM

[...] chances are you will need to restart your game after x matches [...]

Please excuse my utter layman language, I'm not much of a computer nerd...

Anyway, that is exactly my experience. When I play consecutive matches, I really feel the ever increasing strain when switching from the loading screen to the actual match (longer transition, drop in fps) until my comp can't handle it any more and crashes right there and then. The game NEVER crashes when I'm going into the first match after I have started the game. The transition there is smooth and fast. But as early as the second match, there is an ever increasing chance that the game will crash.

In other words, I have to restart the game after every single match.

17 Nov 2015, 16:52 PM

I think we're past the 'rebooting the computer' part. It happens frequently in large game modes - 3v3/4v4.

17 Nov 2015, 16:57 PM

IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

LOW MEMORY AND SHIT!!!!!

FIX THIS SHIT ITS FRUSTRATING
17 Nov 2015, 16:57 PM

I think we're past the 'rebooting the computer' part. It happens frequently in large game modes - 3v3/4v4.

Not rebooting the computer, but restarting the game.

If I do it, I don't get crashes. If I don't, I do.
17 Nov 2015, 17:44 PM

This is fucking hilarious.
I have never complained about balance and shit, nor have i complained about bugs in game or stupid mistakes that followed the 100 patches and hot fixes that inserted new awesome bugs.

BUT THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SHIT AND HAPPENS ONLY WITH COH2.

LOW MEMORY CRASHES DURING AUTOMATCH LOADING SCREEN.

FIX THIS SHIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17 Nov 2015, 17:48 PM

No game should require a reboot it a restart to feel "safe" or to prevent a bugsplat/crash. You shouldn't have to close out other programs with 16 gb of ram so you don't crash.
6 of 15 Relic postsRelic 17 Nov 2015, 18:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We have a bug in our databsse for this one. Sorry :(
17 Nov 2015, 19:06 PM

Any chances that we will get an eta on addressing this one?
I believe we are all here really committed to the game and a really strong community.
We would just like to play the game like before and thus enjoy it to the fullest.

I'd be (and I'm sure all of us) happy to provide the dev team with any extra info that could help resolve this issue.
If the only workaround is restarting the game between matches I will do it from now on.

In 4v4s every crash makes (at least) 4 people really upset. Not only the one who actually crashed. This is why believe this issue should be marked as critical and pushed up in your pipeline.

M
7 of 15 Relic postsRelic 17 Nov 2015, 21:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 19:06 PMQuaD
Any chances that we will get an eta on addressing this one?
I believe we are all here really committed to the game and a really strong community.
We would just like to play the game like before and thus enjoy it to the fullest.

I'd be (and I'm sure all of us) happy to provide the dev team with any extra info that could help resolve this issue.
If the only workaround is restarting the game between matches I will do it from now on.

In 4v4s every crash makes (at least) 4 people really upset. Not only the one who actually crashed. This is why believe this issue should be marked as critical and pushed up in your pipeline.

M

We're trying to get it in for the next Patch, if it's possible. Thanks
17 Nov 2015, 22:46 PM

We're trying to get it in for the next Patch, if it's possible. Thanks

Awsome news
18 Nov 2015, 23:19 PM

QuaD,
You describe a computer and symptoms that were identical to my own. The problem just might be your "NV" drivers. I am running an NVIDEA GE FORCE video card as many of you are and my system was crashing in just about every other game, just as you describe here. However, my problem is now fixed and I no longer crash... ever. Also, my PC runs much quieter, and also much cooler. For those of you running an NVIDEA/GE FORCE card... try this. My game was crashing for weeks. While researching, I found this link. I tried it, and it worked like magic. The bottom line is that NVIDEA created a new toy called SHIELD and they want all their customers to buy this shield. So... all their driver updates now include an executable where the updated driver looks for SHIELD. So, when you update your driver, your new driver automatically looks for SHIELD, and it does this several thousand times per minute. It is a resource hog and it drives up your speed and heat and memory a great deal. The result... another crash. Just disable this file and the crashing problem goes away. At least it did with my unit. Here is the link to explain the process:
http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/nvstreamsvc-exe

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS