Login

russian armor

Is it just me or Axis units are much harder to vet up?

1 Nov 2015, 22:42 PM

#Title.

Since I was playing mostly British and a little bit USF and I found that its much i.m. MUCH easy to vet up their tanks.

For example, I played few games using Pershing commander and I was able to vet up to vet 3 like every single game (except for the situations where I fucked up). Same with brits, I easily can get my comet\cromwell to vet 3, but at the same time its noticeably harder to vet up FireFly.

Same with Tommy Squads. Usually I found my self having vet 2 after first 2 fights.

I.m. I was mainly Axis player, by that I mean, I only played as Axis. And I was able to get Tiger to vet 3 really rarely, same with Panthers (I think I had like 3-4 times vet 5 panther in insanely long games). Never got vet 5 KT, even when it was OP. Never got vet 3 Elephant, rarely got vet 3 PIVs.

For soviets btw its hard to vet up as well with their tanks, even with guys like ISU and T34\85.

OKW is whole different story, because good half of their units would never ever past even vet 2 or 3.

Its not "Allies OP" thread. I'm just curious is it just me or its really easy to vet up allies? Correctly I think factions vet ups look like this: (first one with the fastest and last with the slowest)

1) British - in both inf and armor
2) USF - mostly in inf
3) Soviets - I put them here because of their survivability in general, they have quite same speed of vetting up with Ost, but because of larger squads and ability to resist RNG more, I placed soviets here
4) Ost
5) OKW - units live volks will eat vet, jaghtpanzer and PIV is quite easy to vet up as well, everything else is ridiculously hard.
1 Nov 2015, 22:55 PM

1 Nov 2015, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Prosttuppen probably vetted the fastest out of all units before vehicle crews existed.
1 Nov 2015, 23:02 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 22:59 PMVuther
Prosttuppen probably vetted the fastest out of all units before vehicle crews existed.

Which confirms my suspicion that unit xp is tied to how much they are worth compared to how much the things they are fighting are worth.

If cons are fighting vet 3 PG's they vet up fast. If it's just prostruppen they barely get vet and have to slog it out with veteran prostruppen :snfPeter:
1 Nov 2015, 23:04 PM

Although I got the same feeling sometimes, but I've got enough high vetted tanks. Although allied tanks vet up way faster. Perhaps the exp from german tanks is higher than allied tanks
1 Nov 2015, 23:11 PM
Patrion 310

I thought generally xp gained was a calculation of the units cost vs what its shooting at / killings cost. So if you have crap infantry shooting expensive infantry, they should vet fast. Anything with a fuel based cost gives significantly more xp to a unit without a fuel cost (i think).

So when volks shoot tanks, they are doing lots of damage to an expensive (fuel) unit.

Or something :p
1 Nov 2015, 23:19 PM

It's true, xp is tied to cost of both units. Since OKW has the most expensive units they will give vet the fastest. Add to that that OKW infantry usually loses pretty badly against Allied infantry, there's the vet benefit.
1 Nov 2015, 23:31 PM

I hope that relic can explain it a bit
2 Nov 2015, 00:14 AM

Well, for example I had the game, where guy managed to get vet 5 Jaghttiger, and he was barely shooing anything but pre-nerfed churchills. I'm JT veted up rather fast, but as we all know churchill are inexpensive unit, only for 150 fuel, while for example E8 or even dude like IS-2 gives him much lower veterancy.

In case of inf, its pretty clear when inf has any sort of AT. ANY inf with AT capabilities (zook, schreck or any AT gun) would eat up veterancy like crazy. At the same time PTRS wont give you exp boost. This means that exp based on amount of damage AND cost of inf.

When it comes to tanks its quite strange. Again, Pershing is very-very-very easy to vet up. Its not harder then vetting up Sherman. Tiger at the same time is hard to vet up. They both have good AT and AI performance.

Or Comet and Panther, its significantly easier to vet up comet then panther, while comet cost you 15 fuel more.

Same with Cromwell and PIV, PIV is much harder to vet up then Cromwell, while they cost almost the same.

Or lets compare Rangers and Shocks, Rangers cost more, but vetting up much faster. Commandos vetting up much faster, while PGs or Obersts or Fallshims are much more harder to vet up and they take much more time to get vet 3 then Allied counter parts with rather the same cost.
2 Nov 2015, 00:22 AM

#Title.

Since I was playing mostly British and a little bit USF and I found that its much i.m. MUCH easy to wet up their tanks.

For example, I played few games using Pershing commander and I was able to vet up to vet 3 like every single game (except for the situations where I fucked up). Same with brits, I easily can get my comet\cromwell to vet 3, but at the same time its noticeably harder to vet up FireFly.

Same with Tommy Squads. Usually I found my self having vet 2 after first 2 fights.

I.m. I was mainly Axis player, by that I mean, I only played as Axis. And I was able to get Tiger to vet 3 really rarely, same with Panthers (I think I had like 3-4 times vet 5 panther in insanely long games). Never got vet 5 KT, even when it was OP. Never got vet 3 Elephant, rarely got vet 3 PIVs.

For soviets btw its hard to vet up as well with their tanks, even with guys like ISU and T34\85.

OKW is whole different story, because good half of their units would never ever past even vet 2 or 3.

Its not "Allies OP" thread. I'm just curious is it just me or its really easy to vet up allies? Correctly I think factions vet ups look like this: (first one with the fastest and last with the slowest)

1) British - in both inf and armor
2) USF - mostly in inf
3) Soviets - I put them here because of their survivability in general, they have quite same speed of vetting up with Ost, but because of larger squads and ability to resist RNG more, I placed soviets here
4) Ost
5) OKW - units live volks will eat vet, jaghtpanzer and PIV is quite easy to vet up as well, everything else is ridiculously hard.

"wet up" Kappa
2 Nov 2015, 00:25 AM

"wet up" Kappa

LeL xD Fixed ... but well it was true until brits arrived :hansREKT:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak