Login

russian armor

We Betrayed Fans And Want to Be a Brand Again, Says Sega CEO

1 Nov 2015, 19:10 PM
Patrion 310

We Betrayed Fans And Want to Be a Brand Again, Says Sega CEO
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-betrayed-fans-and-want-to-be-a-brand-again-says/1100-6428680/

New SEGA CEO, Haruki Satomi

Sega May Be On The Verge Of A Renaissance
http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/07/24/sega-may-be-on-the-verge-of-a-renaissance/
Following the realization from Sega Games president Haruki Satomi about how gaming quality is important, he’s apparently very happy that fans have responded positively about Sega rejoining the land of gaming once again.

In a recent follow-up comment Satomi said “Seeing our fans across the world respond to our recent interview with Famitsu, lets us know we’ve made the right first step in acknowledging who we are and where we want to be.”

“Sega is dedicated to bringing you quality gaming experiences and becoming a brand you love and trust again.”

If Satomi and his team are really onboard with tackling Sega’s appalling brand image then they have a suitably massive challenge ahead of them.

Sega has progressively ruined its reputation with gamers over the last ten years or so and did incredibly daft things to many of its core gaming properties as well.

In short, Sega is currently at the bottom of a very deep hole when it comes to consumer trust and that is something that won’t be resolved overnight.

“Sega fans are excited and enthusiastic to have a new CEO committed to restoring the Sega brand and winning fan trust.”
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?526747-Sega-fan-request-for-Sega-Games-CEO-Haruki-Satomi-on-Twitter

Old interviews with the most successful SEGA CEO of America, Tom Kalinske
SEGA Nerds interviews Tom Kalinske

http://www.sega-16.com/2005/02/tom-kalinske-american-samurai/
http://www.sega-16.com/2006/07/interview-tom-kalinske/
Ask just about any gamer what the single worst problem there is at Sega and their answer will almost always be the same: management. No other game company has had such a tumultuous history when it comes to just who was running the show, and there have been four presidents in the last decade alone. It has been a problem that has plagued the legendary software developer since the mid 1990s, when then-president and CEO Tom Kalinske was forced out by a series of horrible business decisions by Sega of Japan. The events surrounding his departure started a domino effect from which the company never recovered, and eventually led to their exit from the hardware business in 2001.
It may sound odd to say that Sega’s misfortune over the last few years is directly related to their mistreatment of Kalinske, but it becomes quite obvious once you examine the facts. No other president before him ever gave Sega the level of success he did, and none since have ever equaled it. One could even go so far as to say that Sega lasted as long as it did as a hardware manufacturer thanks to Kalinske’s efforts during the 16-bit era.
It sure wasn’t because of Sega of Japan.*SNIP*

Current SEGA Executive Profiles
https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pr/corp/profile.html
------------

At very least some of the new SEGA leadership are more honest about betraying fans and get SEGA on the right track in terms of strategy to earn consumer trust.
If Haruki Satomi is sincere about this new visionary leadership, it could be a big game changer for all SEGA owned gaming studios.
As such open executive statement provide “cover” for Relic/CA developers to put more passion into making quality games rather than just taking marching orders from higher ups (such as DLC overlords).
1 Nov 2015, 19:18 PM

Interesting... the next few months will show if they take better route.

Thanks for the info.
1 Nov 2015, 19:19 PM
Patrion 14

Interesting... the next few months will show if they take better route.

Thanks for the info.

Somehow I doubt corporate strategy changes will show in the course of the next few months.
It took Relic more than 2 years to improve on several important fronts.

Cross fingers and hope for the best I guess
1 Nov 2015, 19:45 PM

Somehow I doubt corporate strategy changes will show in the course of the next few months.
It took Relic more than 2 years to improve on several important fronts.

Cross fingers and hope for the best I guess

I doubt that SEGA would have stopped Relic if they wanted to optimize the game more. Let's hope they might encourage them to do so now.

1 Nov 2015, 19:56 PM

I doubt that SEGA would have stopped Relic if they wanted to optimize the game more. Let's hope they might encourage them to do so now.

Relic is not their top priority trust me. Relic is a small studio, and CoH only has a very small community compared to other games. Even if they do decide to help relic, "optimization" will definitely not happen since they have to heavily modify the engine which would be very costly, and sometimes impractical. They might as well write a new engine and create a new game.
1 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM
Patrion 14

Also, just an FYI : Relic employees stated that a big optimization patches will not happen because that would require them to basically rework the entire game enigne.
1 Nov 2015, 20:02 PM

Considering SEGA's FB answers about the backlash of the chaos warriors pre order DLC for total war: warhammer this seems a straight up lie.
1 Nov 2015, 20:17 PM

Well I missed that part on reworking the engine.

So they should just make the base game free and start on COH3. Coz we still have 3 years from that "5" years plan and I don't see what are they going to do. More DLC i guess...
1 Nov 2015, 20:20 PM

Guys, we are sorry! Plx dont forget to pre-order TW Warhammer to get day one faction DLC as well as buying another shitton of DLC factions, all of which were just cut from base game.

lol.
1 Nov 2015, 20:26 PM
Donator 11

From the perspective of sega, relic and also most players it would be much better to allocate resources into making coh3 instead of reworking current engine if they have the money and will for it.

Also optimisation is not the problem it was 3 years ago, any pc bought 2 years ago or less that has more than 8 gigs of ram can run it smoothly and it looks great. Ofc it is still unplayable on laptops but its not the only one, its the rule of gaming industry.

If you have any problems with such a rig then you should:
1. Defragment game partition after every patch or install it on ssd
2. Turn off antialiasing in game and turn it on in your GPU driver instead.

It is usually enough, there are some other ways like turning off the replays and so on for streamers and players with especially bad rig.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★