Login

russian armor

Keep getting Error Code 1073741819

31 Oct 2015, 16:25 PM

Had this error when building any Attribute mod as soon as anything is edited.

Full error:

Error building test.mod: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe failed with exit code -1073741819.

Had a look into the output on the attribute editor and noticed the following errors:

Instance enum squad_type in file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2 tools\assets\data\attributes\instances\sbps\races\soviet\soldiers\partisan_commander_squads\partisans_smg_mp.xml has a value not matching it's type (partisan_smg is not an option for squad_type).

Instance enum squad_type in file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2 tools\assets\data\attributes\instances\sbps\races\soviet\soldiers\partisan_commander_squads\partisans_smg_mp.xml is having its value set to default ().

Instance enum deprecated_squad_class_type in file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2 tools\assets\data\attributes\instances\upgrade\intel_bulletins\infantry\partisan\received_accuracy_partisans.xml has a value not matching it's type (partisan_smg is not an option for squad_type).

Instance enum deprecated_squad_class_type in file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2 tools\assets\data\attributes\instances\upgrade\intel_bulletins\infantry\partisan\received_accuracy_partisans.xml is having its value set to default ().

The odd thing was that the unit mentioned wasn't changed at all.

If anyone knows a fix it would be most appreciated.
31 Oct 2015, 16:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge

What is the full path to your mod?
31 Oct 2015, 18:22 PM

I saw another topic with the same error so I tried having the mod files in a folder on my desktop, so it isn't an issue, before I had it in a folder in my games folder and it worked then, but that was before the Brits were released.
31 Oct 2015, 23:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Do you have a really long path for any files IN your mod?
1 Nov 2015, 03:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Some other things to try: Install latest .net framework, make sure your Java is 64-bit if your OS is, make sure all paths in Mod Builder are set correctly.
2 Nov 2015, 19:27 PM

All I did was clone some units change a few values, no external files added like a preview image.

Updated Java and Installed .net framework, made sure that the mod builder paths were set.

Found that if I create a mod but don't change anything not open the attribute editor it builds it fine no problems. The issue occurs when the attribute editor is opened and the xml file is saved.

When the AE is opened it comes up with 4 errors relating to 2 files in the CoH2 tools assets, namely Partisan commander SMG and the received accuracy intel bulletin for Partisans.

I tried deleting the 2 files and validating the tool, but it didn't recognise any files missing, is there a way of updating those files so that their values don't cause errors?
2 Nov 2015, 19:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That is up to Relic to fix.

However, I created a test mod, opened AE, saved, and it built fine. I also made a few changes, saved, and it still built fine.

The Mod Builder does not give proper error messages, so it is a very tricky beast to troubleshoot. Since it builds fine for me, that means that your error is specific to your machine.

Are your folder, .mod, and .xml all named the same? Do you have 64-bit Java and have you referenced that in the Mod Builder's options? Do you have Flex SDK installed?
2 Nov 2015, 20:24 PM

I have Java version 8 update 65, but it won't tell me if it is 64 bit, the .mod and .xml files have the same name, I have tried with folder named the same and different, is that an issue?

Yeah I checked it was referencing the correct Java, it wasn't before.

I don't have Flex SDK as I wasn't adding any preview images, and it worked last time I used it back in May, I think it was.

Would it be worth posting what the 2 files that flag as errors contain see if anything in them is incorrect as I wouldn't know?
2 Nov 2015, 20:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

64-bit is installed in Program Files, while 32-bit is installed in Program Files (x86). Check the options to make sure yours is 64-bit.

You should set up Flex SDK regardless of using images or not, just in case.

No, because I had the same errors and mine built fine.
4 Nov 2015, 23:21 PM
Donator 11

I didn't install the Flex SDK until I started adding new UI images to my mod, and there was never an issue.
5 Nov 2015, 12:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That is why I said, "just in case". It is worth troubleshooting in every way to see what might help.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 110
unknown 27
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak