Login

russian armor

Wanted: Loading screen chat

30 Oct 2015, 09:59 AM

I would like to see the option to chat while the map is loading. This would allow players to communicate more, and for teams to plan strategy.

In pick-up games there's rarely much communication about who goes where with what. And rarely the time to discuss it in-game.

I know some will say 'don't play random team games', but that's besides the point. Even in arranged team games you might not always be on Teamtalk or whatever.

The point here is that the pre-game chat would improve the general quality of the games! If nothing else, this should interest Relic because player experience isn't just about in-game options, but also the play experience in total. It adds to a good play experience to be able to work out strategies pre-match. No matter how basic they might be.

I realise that this may be at the expense of some extra data transfers, but really. Plain text can't take up much bandwith compared to what is allready being transferred pre-match. You might want to add a flood prevention to the chat, though.
30 Oct 2015, 10:01 AM

The only thing that would happen there is raging on each other and calling each other names probably.
In-game chat has always been so toxic, not just in COH2.

I see your point but I don't really think it's ncessary at all.
30 Oct 2015, 10:46 AM

It is certainly necessary to increase the quality of the games.

And the problem with raging and flaming is not sparked by allowing chat. If ppl are to that, they'll do it in-game anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★