Login

russian armor

OKW vs US - Review please

27 Oct 2015, 09:23 AM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/43659/okw--for-review-purposes

Even though I won out in the end, I think I could have done better but not sure on how. The US double BAR rifles limited my infantry play while the Pack Howitzer was a constant worry. Lost 2 Rocket halftracks to suicidal Shermans as well due to poor micro.

Any advice would be appreciated.
28 Oct 2015, 04:20 AM

Okay first of all stop playing 3vs3+ games because I saw a lot of your problems come simply from the gamestyle those modes promote. If you learn how to be at least good in 1vs1 & 2vs2 I mean like top 400, you will become the hero of 3vs3+ games (top 20).

You & your opponent were blobbing nearly all the time, blob to capture points, blob to a vp , blob vs blob all the time.
Try to learn how to individually control squads and utilize them based on their strengths like optimal range, abilities etc.
Don't just mass units and move them from point A -> B. You want to control and harass as much of the map all of the possible time. Spread your units out to cap points with single squads but don't spread them out too much. Think of an hand that opens in quiet phases of the game and forms into a fist as soon a threat approaches.

Tactical decisions:

The entire game over you had no battlegroup headquaters (medic truck), it's very important to get one simply to minimize manpower bleed. You want your units always on full health for the next fight. Full health squads mean: less units you lose and more dps you can deal over longer time, as your units keep on the field longer.

There was no need for a stuka the entire game. I know your opponent had pack howis, but he was not protecting them. Instead of a stuka you could've spawned a Falls squad early on near the howis and wipe both pack howis and steal one with a volks squad.

You were not transitioning your armour into late game. You never built a Panzer 4, Panther etc. But spend most of your fuel on pumas and Stukas, while your opponent just got shermans all the time. A army has a lot of units to offer, to get a strong army, you need a diverse rooster of units that work with each other to cover the weaknesses. Shermans would've had big problems with a P4 or a Panther.

A stuka is a very potent unit in team games, however its uses in 1vs1 are rather marginal. Don't ever get a stuka as the first fuel unit, it's simply not needed.
You can build stukas in late game when you start having problems with team weapons (at guns, mortars etc) But to build one as a first unit with no real at support is borderline suicidal.

As your opponent was all the time blobbing - one Leig could've easily keep the blob suppressed, which means you could've won the game early one.

I could say much more, because there is simply still a lot to learn, but I believe when you focus on the points I mentioned you can easily improve your play and then you are ready for the next step of tactical improvements.
28 Oct 2015, 05:18 AM

Okay first of all stop playing 3vs3+ games because I saw a lot of your problems come simply from the gamestyle those modes promote. If you learn how to be at least good in 1vs1 & 2vs2 I mean like top 400, you will become the hero of 3vs3+ games (top 20).

You & your opponent were blobbing nearly all the time, blob to capture points, blob to a vp , blob vs blob all the time.
Try to learn how to individually control squads and utilize them based on their strengths like optimal range, abilities etc.
Don't just mass units and move them from point A -> B. You want to control and harass as much of the map all of the possible time. Spread your units out to cap points with single squads but don't spread them out too much. Think of an hand that opens in quiet phases of the game and forms into a fist as soon a threat approaches.

Tactical decisions:

The entire game over you had no battlegroup headquaters (medic truck), it's very important to get one simply to minimize manpower bleed. You want your units always on full health for the next fight. Full health squads mean: less units you lose and more dps you can deal over longer time, as your units keep on the field longer.

There was no need for a stuka the entire game. I know your opponent had pack howis, but he was not protecting them. Instead of a stuka you could've spawned a Falls squad early one near the howis and wipe both pack howis and steal one with a volks squad.

You were not transitioning your armour into late game. You never built a Panzer 4, Panther etc. But spend most of your fuel on pumas and Stukas, while your opponent just got shermans all the time. A army has a lot of units to offer, to get a strong army, you need a diverse rooster of units that work with each other to cover the weaknesses. Shermans would've had big problems with a P4 or a Panther.

A stuka is a very potent unit in team games, however its uses in 1vs1 are rather marginal. Don't ever get a stuka as the first fuel unit, it's simply not needed.
You can build stukas in late game when you start having problems with team weapons (at guns, mortars etc) But to build one as a first unit with no real at support is borderline suicidal.

As your opponent was all the time blobbing - one Leig could've easily keep the blob suppressed, which means you could've won the game early one.

I could say much more, because there is simply still a lot to learn, but I believe when you focus on the points I mentioned you can easily improve your play and then you are ready for the next step of tactical improvements.

Acht if i have any problem with my gameplay can i still get a review?
28 Oct 2015, 05:23 AM

Yeah sure that's what the replay section and strategy section is here for :luvDerp:
28 Oct 2015, 07:02 AM

Awesome, thanks.

I will try to work on that a bit more. And you are right, they are habits picked up over 3v3-4v4. (The whole blobbing thing)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★