Login

russian armor

Lost game I think I could have won - but how?

25 Oct 2015, 18:47 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback om my gameplay. Im not a very good player, rank about 2000 with OKW 1v1. So i'm sure there are tons of things that I could/should do much better. But more concrete im wondering about this game. I feel that after a while I was on the winning hand and could (should?) have sealed the game, but I dont really know how. Along the way I kind of lost oversight and idea of what to do and how to do it.

It's a 1v1 OKW-SU where I feel I have the advantage after some time, but dont really know how to exploit it and eventually get wrecked by a lot of KV-8's and IS2. I also lose my HQ and BG due to lack of attention, which did prevent my from getting my KT.

I find the combo shocks/incendiary artillery/KV-8's hard to deal with. The arty and KV-8 tear my VG's and raketen apart and capping a point gets blocked/delayed by the arty. And I feel I can't chase a KV8 all the time with my panther bc then i'll lose control over a different part of the map.

Also i'm doing a horrible job a couple of times to cap a point that is only defended by one MG in a house. But my vg's get pinned when approaching the house before being able to throw a grenade. How should I have done this?

Can someone give me some clues on how when/what I should have done in order to win?
27 Oct 2015, 07:42 AM

First of all, don't place your schwere panzer hq so near to your medic truck. One incendiary strike and both get damaged. Secondly the schwere panzer hq should've been infront if your medic hq, somewhere near your fuel point e.g.

By your placing you created a blocked road for your own tanks and a huge arty magnet. Check this guide for further information : http://www.coh2.org/guides/34730/tip-of-the-week-9--okw-truck-placement#1564

Secondly try organise your units better; there is no reason to cap with 3 squads worth 1000mp one point. Split, cap 3 points at the same moment or use one squad to cap and the other to flank or fight.
So situations like this are omitted:

So to your points:

Yes you could've won the game as soon the P4 arrived. Your opponent had no AT and was building 2 at guns in panic, you should've been more aggressive with your P4 in that moment.

Although your opponent had less infantry, you were not really using the fact that you had more infantry. You could've cut him off early, camp his fuel etc. But somehow you were happy with the territory you had and were leaving him enough breathing space for a comeback.
It's very important to plant mines on the side routes in minsk pocket, so tanks like the KV8 can't simply sneak up and destroy your buildings and infantry. You can't be everywhere, the map is too big for that, so it's important to cover "open" spots with mines.

Also i'm doing a horrible job a couple of times to cap a point that is only defended by one MG in a house. But my vg's get pinned when approaching the house before being able to throw a grenade. How should I have done this?

Use 2 squads, spread them out. Approach the building with one squad which draws the fire. Then use the second squad (volks) to bypass the arc of fire since the first squads draws the fire. Once you bypassed the arc of fire move to the house and throw a flame grenade.

Also you surrendered too early. You had nearly 1000 mp on the bank and still a panther. One sturmpio squad could've repaired your base, while with another falls you could've capped another vp to stabilize your bleed then you could've concentrated on middle + your vp while harassing the enemy vp. You can also use your panther to crush shocks/ push them around. He had not a single con squad the entire game, so you had not worry about AT nades at all. Tanks could've crushed as much as they wanted.

27 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM

Thanks for the review! That is very helpful and I will keep this in mind in my next matches!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★