Login

russian armor

Veteran Coh 1v1 Non Elite Opinions/Questions

23 Jun 2013, 00:17 AM

Ok, I've played COH1 since day 1 until the online thingy came out. Been playing the beta since the open came out. I made it to lvl 11-12 on COH1 in all factions on 1v1. i consider myself to have some skill, but will never be elite. I've been reading these forums and I have two comments. First I dont think the soviets are too OP, I can counter most of their spam with gren spam which seems to gain map control pretty quickly. I am something like 60-30 W-L as Wehr, but since I went Grens x3 or x4 right off the bat, with 6 or 7 total in the early, I have had only a tiny bit of losses vs when i went Gren, Gren, MG, MG, mortar. I then tech to T3 with PIV after last patch. Before that I went Stug, was winning, then witu patch all of a sudden that thing was junk. I think if i build a Fuel Post in there vs 1 less gren i'd be in a better position.

Seriously: build the 1st building, send pios out to cap MP, MP, then Fuel or Mun depending on map, send out 2-3 gren squads towards the same side of the map for Fuel and Mun and the soviet conscript or early vehicle spam is useless. If you send it towards your weak (aka the furthest away) sides, you'll probably meet the bulk of the enemy's first builds, and will crush them. I've usually only been losing when, after gaining large map control, then killing their first tank, I go all Leroy Jenkins into an engine disable and AT gun.

Any comments on this? I dont claim to be too good, but this is seeming to work way too well as Wehr. Especially after reading 100+ Soviets are OP posts.

The other comment is I haven't seen a single post since i've been playing about the bulletins?!?

Did I not RTFM and these aren't activated yet?

Is this feature useless in the eyes of the forum? I have the +2% accuracy, +3% health, and +10% build rate for grens. I feel this helps my Gren spam, but i also feel like i am missing something as no one else is talking about them and maybe they don't do anything.

Anyway, to sum up: I am not in the elite circles however basically only play 1v1 automatch, and dont find too much of a problem with soviets. Only when I make mistakes in my micro or strategy.

edit: there was a bulletins post tonight lol
23 Jun 2013, 01:40 AM

I am dubious as to whether or not the Bulletins work at all, I am not sure of the exact timing but we tested the 10% faster build speed both starting a Grenadier at the same time and both entered the field at the same time despite one of us having the bulletin. Besides that I don't think 2-3 seconds for your squads is any thing great I prefer 4% damage, 3% health and 2% accuracy but whether or not they do ANYTHING is debatable or if they are even working.
23 Jun 2013, 03:53 AM

I at most do five + a fuel op, but yah I find grenspam to t3 very, very effective.

EDIT:Also two pios, it is useful against script spam to put s mines down. If you have 80 munis, you can put one down and move after, so you get refunded 60 munis. this way you can actually use the mines. bottom left gets placed first!
23 Jun 2013, 07:21 AM
Patrion 14

I at most do five + a fuel op, but yah I find grenspam to t3 very, very effective.

EDIT:Also two pios, it is useful against script spam to put s mines down. If you have 80 munis, you can put one down and move after, so you get refunded 60 munis. this way you can actually use the mines. bottom left gets placed first!

Awsome! Thank you. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS