Login

russian armor

Cap Orders?

22 Jun 2013, 16:12 PM

Hey, i'm not a super experienced coh player so I'm not really sure which cap orders are optimal. Obviously its a new game so I'm guessing people are still figuring things out, but I've seen a lot of different play styles in terms of capping order. I've seen a lot of people aggresively going for middle watchtower on winter pripyat or whatever its called, i see a lot of people emphasize munitions points and prioritize capping them with their first couple of units and connecting the point afterwards. I see a lot of people just crawl onto the map which I suppose is kind of the intuitive thing to do, cap points that are connected to your base and cap towards the muni/fuel points.

I'm curious what some of you more experienced players think about these different methods? My gut tells me that being aggressive with capping is probably best. I really like to send a gren/conscript squad to my opponents munition point on maps like moscow outskirts, even though i usually don't connect that point, I feel like denying munis is just as good as getting them since munis seem so important in the early game in coh 2. I usually prioritize fuel and munition points greatly over standard points and I usually leave the back corner standard points for after things have settled down, i usually cap it with my engineer squad after building T2.

What do you guys think is best?
22 Jun 2013, 18:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Go for the fuel.
23 Jun 2013, 06:47 AM

Depends on your strategy. Soviets tend to contest fuel more often as munitions beyond the first 60 aren't as important. Germans tend to gravitate towards munitions early and fuel mid to late game. This is usually to supply their early scout cars/halftracks with upgrades as needed. I play german and usually beeline to the munitions with my first unit and connect it with the following unit. On smaller maps like Pripyat sometimes I'll skip it to see if I can get an aggressive barbed wall up if they're going to early resource nodes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★