Login

russian armor

[OKW][2vs2+] counter sniper without le.IG 18

11 Oct 2015, 11:12 AM
Donator 11

Hello

How do you counter snipers as OKW without the help of the le.IG?
Soviet sniper can be focused down with elite infantry but the British sniper is almost unkillable.

Smoke and flank...
Sadly OKW has no smoke (you could advance through) and not light vehicle that is able to flank before the P2 Luchs hit's the field.
Flanking with infantry is not always possible (road to Kharkov, Rails and Metal) so I mostly build a second ISG to "counter-sniper" the enemy sniper.

This somewhat is true for USF aswell but M20 and Stuart are both suitable for flanking but sometimes maps restrict light vehicle play.

I watched OCF and I will try to hide falls somewhere to ambush the sniper but I don't want to play Luftwaffe every game. (like Aimstrong did with commandos)

So how do you create openings/distractions as OKW e.g. at road to Kharkov to flank the British sniper?
11 Oct 2015, 23:02 PM

every game u faced snipers? ..... ahh its happened to me month ago when brtish patch released ,double ukf snpers in minsk map,wish i were in road to kharkov and used falshmjaeger anyway...i think in kharkov u can lay mines somewhere or use scavenger doc instead luft ;)in plural okw weak vs snper from past till now
11 Oct 2015, 23:34 PM

OKW just has no counter for that :(
11 Oct 2015, 23:35 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

OKW just has no counter for that :(

It has... It's called Ostheer :snfPeter:
12 Oct 2015, 00:32 AM

OKW has no direct counter as you can not counter snipe as okw.

The safest way to kill a sniper is to spawn falls or Jägers in the right moment out of a building. But that's depending on the map not always possible and might not work out if Rng doesn't favour you.

Sometimes a Luchs rush works, which you can get out at minute 9 and even chase the sniper into the base. Don't forget to sweep possible attack routes which a mine sweeper before.

Another way is to counter by strategy. A sniper is build to bleed out the enemy and decrew team weapons. So go for a build that won't bleed you out if it's getting sniped like 3-4 volks or panzerfusiliers.
When you push, always push with several squads, this usually forces retreats of the snipers since he can't kite a cheap infantry blob and it won't bleed you out . Don't send lone squads around the map, they will just get picked of. And don't lead attacks with expensive infantry, let volks take the hit.
Ari
14 Oct 2015, 04:11 AM

Yeah it does, the aimed shot of a vet 1 puma is a guaranteed hit & kill.

Always, always bring a puma when dealing with snipers. Especially the British sniper. Roll in the puma, pop the aimed shot, no more sniper. If need be pop smoke, and wheel away laughing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★