Login

russian armor

First (?) CoH2 review by PC Gamer

ntd
21 Jun 2013, 16:44 PM
Admin Black Badge

I have no doubt...I will not be playing SP at all. :)
21 Jun 2013, 17:05 PM

Meh, who cares? 80% is actually a very good score. Back in the 90s and early 2000s people still knew that on a scale of 100%, 80% is very good. Today, everyone seems to expect good games to have scores of 90%+ and sees everything below 85% as "bad".

Other reviews were around 90% though. Gotta watch Metacritic if you want an average but I think written reviews are often much more informative than just looking at some number.
21 Jun 2013, 17:32 PM

RPS yet again showing that they really know what's what. Them and Eurogamer seem to be in the minority of sites that actually revisit a game further down the line to see how things have changed. Mostly only happens with MMOs of course, but it's nice to see a comment that they will revisit the MP.
21 Jun 2013, 19:03 PM

+1
I can't say anything about SP cause Marcus knows it better than i do but this game is gonna fail big time in MP no matter how many doctrins they gonna add or remove or modify the soviet faction design is so broken

Unfortunately, you are right. And i think they deserve it.
21 Jun 2013, 19:25 PM

I am only buying COH2 if the MP is good - that is the ONLY reason I played coh.. for the multi player acction.

I personally would not spend hard earned $$ for coh2 based on its single player campain....

If coh2 MP sucks and then they DONT fix Steam Coh then I will just say FUCK this SHIT and move over to a new game.

I am not spending money on a game and be stupid enough to pre order something that I am NOT SURE that is even good. NEVER pre-order anything - WHY would you do that? For a few extra skins? If its *pay to win* hen its FAIL.... if you get nothing extra that its ALSO FAIL... as you have no idea that its even good.
21 Jun 2013, 20:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I am not spending money on a game and be stupid enough to pre order something that I am NOT SURE that is even good. NEVER pre-order anything - WHY would you do that? For a few extra skins? If its *pay to win* hen its FAIL.... if you get nothing extra that its ALSO FAIL... as you have no idea that its even good.

Just because YOU don't wanna pre-order, doesn't mean that WE can't.

I think that most people pre-ordered the game when THQ was still in deep shite. You pre-order to support the franchise. But let everyone decide for themselves if they want to or not ;)
21 Jun 2013, 22:56 PM

Just because YOU don't wanna pre-order, doesn't mean that WE can't.

I think that most people pre-ordered the game when THQ was still in deep shite. You pre-order to support the franchise. But let everyone decide for themselves if they want to or not ;)

+1

That's exactly why I preordered too!
21 Jun 2013, 23:12 PM

I am only buying COH2 if the MP is good - that is the ONLY reason I played coh.. for the multi player acction.

I personally would not spend hard earned $$ for coh2 based on its single player campain....

If coh2 MP sucks and then they DONT fix Steam Coh then I will just say FUCK this SHIT and move over to a new game.

wait for steam summer sale coh2 may even fall to %75 sale off its already $28 in russia (its actual price) and then buy it
21 Jun 2013, 23:41 PM

German reviews are pretty good.

Gamestar 90/100
- "really good sequel"
- special praise for theatre of war
Review
(including noobish multiplayer vid, this coming from a noob ;))

PC Games 88%
- "best World War II RTS"
- crappy story, good mission design
Review
22 Jun 2013, 17:08 PM

wait for steam summer sale coh2 may even fall to %75 sale off its already $28 in russia (its actual price) and then buy it

I will wait and see how it goes, also to see how good the multi player aspect will be in the final version as the multi player is what I like.

Also all can do what they like - I just stated my opinion about pre ordering something that you dont even know will be good.
22 Jun 2013, 17:53 PM

I always preorder games within my favorite franchises, CnC, SC, CoH, i feel a certain loyalty, but it faith was shaken with the last CnC game so i am getting weary about that franchise.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★