Login

russian armor

War Spoils: What's up Relic?

3 Oct 2015, 06:25 AM
Patrion 15

Here we are, over a year since the release of the War Spoils system. There has been no word from Relic since their initial explanation of the system, and their response to community feedback following its implementation.

At the time of release, War Spoils was a huge step in the right direction for Relic. They were under extreme scrutiny from the community for their aggressive P2W commander based DLC. Prior to War Spoils, the only way to unlock the brand spanking new cash cow commanders (Elite Troops and Soviet Industry) was to open your wallet and pay for it. The war spoils system was supposed to change all that.

They dropped their executive producer out of a freakin' plane to hype this feature. This was an obvious investment in time and resources for Relic as a direct response to the community backlash that came about following the release of the p2w commanders. Despite it's initial shortcomings, it had the community hyped about it's potential.

Relic highlighted these issues as a priority:

-A purpose and value for duplicate items.
-A need for correlation between skill/game outcome: If you have an awesome game, the system should account for that.

In my opinion, War Spoils remains a half baked system that doesn't do enough to bridge the gap between purchasing commanders and having a reliable way to earn them through gameplay.

In the War Spoils hype video, Greg Wilson even states that every game you play is one step closer to a guaranteed loot drop. It's true that if you play enough games you are guaranteed to get a loot drop. However, in the current iteration I feel like the only thing I'm guaranteed is a quasi useless bulletin(another system that desperately needs a rework), or a commander that I've already bought. (Skins are nice though, thanks Relic!). I'm sure Relic has hashed out some ideas on how to make the system rewarding and engaging for players.

Lets bring back this discussion on how to make War Spoils live up to its potential. Relic? Thoughts?
3 Oct 2015, 06:48 AM

It is probably pertaining to some huge "goal" with COH2's future whether that be free to play or the "Esports" "career" they have lined up for the games future. Honestly I feel they have no idea what to do with the system and are stalling. Who knows, god knows we are NOT getting any answers, probably ever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★