Login

russian armor

British Anvil Churchill, and my thoughts.

PAGES (7)down
5 Oct 2015, 16:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Nothing sayss balance quite like giving cheap allied units hyper cost efficiency.

M10, su76, churchills, vet 3 cons, etc.
5 Oct 2015, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 15:16 PMMuxsus

It does a poor job against p4-level tanks and higher due to bad pen. It's also counetered by 2+ Stugs. A bunch of Churchills also mean that the brit has no way of dealing with heavy armor like the Tiger and the Panther due to high MP cost.

Now 1-2 Churchills supported by at guns and Fireflies is another story, but you only meet things like this in team games, and they're supposed to be unbalanced :snfPeter:

(churchill wins against a panther)
5 Oct 2015, 17:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Command panther mark vehicle + teammate and your own AT support seems to insta rape churchills in everything but 1v1, surprised no ones mentioned it, why?
5 Oct 2015, 17:34 PM

Command panther mark vehicle + teammate and your own AT support seems to insta rape churchills in everything but 1v1, surprised no ones mentioned it, why?

they dont know how to handle big fat tanks like we do
5 Oct 2015, 18:18 PM

Stugs work really well against Churchill. I don't see the need to adjust the unit at all. I think the price is fair for the unit as well. Remember guys, Brits bleed man power like a "stuffed pig". If you opponent has 2-3 Church hills, he/she probably has limited infantry than.
5 Oct 2015, 18:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Stugs work really well against Churchill. I don't see the need to adjust the unit at all. I think the price is fair for the unit as well. Remember guys, Brits bleed man power like a "stuffed pig". If you opponent has 2-3 Church hills, he/she probably has limited infantry than.
Ya dude it only takes around 13 shots to kill a churchill. #balance.
5 Oct 2015, 18:39 PM
Donator 22

Ya dude it only takes around 13 shots to kill a churchill. #balance.

one stug + one pack is devastating to a Churchill you should try. It's not about the number of hit , it's about Rate of fire.
5 Oct 2015, 19:07 PM

Permanently Banned

one stug + one pack is devastating to a Churchill you should try. It's not about the number of hit , it's about Rate of fire.
Not devestating, more like the bare minimum to keep a churchill at bay.
5 Oct 2015, 19:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

More facts on command panther as a counter...

you dont need T4, it can spot for itself and other anti tank which means infinite free shots and kiting, +50% damage.....assuming theres 1-2 shreks and a raketen or two in there the ttk is even lower....all for 35 munitions.

Am I missing something here. STG Obers in this doc also rape commandos because they have a 25 range camo detection ability....and infil nades are always good vs stationary sections along with the flare being amazing too...sooooo
5 Oct 2015, 20:23 PM

Problem is no one builds a StuG or a PaK in 4v4.
5 Oct 2015, 20:48 PM

you dont need T4, it can spot for itself and other anti tank which means infinite free shots and kiting, +50% damage.....assuming theres 1-2 shreks and a raketen or two in there the ttk is even lower....all for 35 munitions.

Am I missing something here. STG Obers in this doc also rape commandos because they have a 25 range camo detection ability....and infil nades are always good vs stationary sections along with the flare being amazing too...sooooo

This assumes the Shreks and Rackten penetrate (they normally won't at max range), and that they don't die to the Churchill's support or it's satchel charges.

Also "You don't need T4" --> "StG Obers" ???, And the detection radius for IR StG's is 10 (or 15 Relic has changed it once or twice) not 25.

When playing OKW this patch it's mandatory to go for JPIV for a reason you know.
5 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM

Limit of one to both churchill and king tiger would be fine. Why would you even need more than one at a time, you have fireflies and jagdpanzers to dish out the damage anyway. And those who are against the limit can always call in croc, avre, jagdtiger or sturmtiger to accompany their nondoc heavy.
5 Oct 2015, 21:13 PM

the detection radius for IR StG's is 10 (or 15 Relic has changed it once or twice) not 25.

http://i.imgur.com/2hbUk9F.png

are you so busy making t70 killed my jagdtiger posts that you can't check the files for yourself?

That would require you to actually think about choosing a commander, which is really :sibToxic:
5 Oct 2015, 21:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2hbUk9F.png

are you so busy making t70 killed my jagdtiger posts that you can't check the files for yourself?

What? Iv never posted that T70's have killed my Jadgtiger. But your modding tools are probably out of date;

Regardless my point is the same, the Churchill is objectively broken and people should not defend it~
5 Oct 2015, 21:30 PM

What? Iv never posted that T70's have killed my Jadgtiger. But your modding tools are probably out of date;

Regardless my point is the same, the Churchill is objectively broken and people should not defend it~

Kubelecer's image comes from relic's official mod tool, which get updated pretty regularly. unless that screenshot is old, he should be correct.

I'm also seeing the +25 detection bonus as well.
5 Oct 2015, 21:40 PM

My Relic's software out of date? damn I better report it since they update it several times after patches

Your lack of objective viewpoints regarding balance was my point, especially skewed for the axis side
5 Oct 2015, 21:50 PM

Please provide examples of this bias. I'll refresh my extractor.
5 Oct 2015, 21:52 PM

Prove my screenshot wrong for a start, I am obviously wrong since you said so and I would like to know what I did wrong
5 Oct 2015, 22:01 PM

Please calm down a bit.
5 Oct 2015, 22:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

TLDR: Churchill current performance is fine,its cost for its performance is not.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS