Login

russian armor

Are you risky or conservative with your truck placement?

Are you risky or conservative with your truck placement?
Option Distribution Votes
74%
26%
Total votes: 31
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Oct 2015, 01:52 AM

As I started playing OKW 1v1 recently, I noticed that it is not as easy to set up my trucks as I thought. I have on more than one occasion lost my flak truck during construction and it basically means I lost the game.

Now I am taking a much more conservative approach to my placement due to the high cost of failure. But maybe it is worth the time and effort to properly guard my truck construction and hold off capping for a few minutes.

What is everyone's thoughts?
2 Oct 2015, 04:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's not just a matter of when you do it, there's also where you do it...
2 Oct 2015, 05:06 AM

2 Oct 2015, 05:06 AM

It's not just a matter of when you do it, there's also where you do it...

Yea I have a pretty good idea of where to place the trucks (at least the medic and flak) but on small maps there seems to always be a chance of a good flank ruining my day even if I put them in "safe" locations.

Although I do struggle with trying to find good placement on Arnhem. Any ideas??
2 Oct 2015, 05:10 AM

Situational
2 Oct 2015, 05:13 AM

Situational

Do you mind expanding a bit? On what maps/against what factions would you be more risky? How big a lead? Do you try build right after sweeping the map?
2 Oct 2015, 05:28 AM

Depends on what map and what mode we are talking about, spawn point and even strategy you planing to go for.

In general there is not much variability in med truck placements, if you want forward retreat, in most situations its near middle or between middle and your side of the map with aim to help your forces to switch sides and directions of attack quicker.

With flak it all depends on situation, if you have strong lead and force nearby to be sure it would deploy undamaged, it is good idea to build it very aggressively on key strategic point such as fuel to make coming back for your opponent(s) near impossible. In other situation it is good to be conservative to protect nearest vp/cut-off point/or just build it in range of med HQ to cover it.

And always look for behind shot blockers/building deployment to make any attempt to kill truck very challenging and partially protect it from artillery fire. If it impossible, always pull your truck deep into your territory to make enemy if he aims for it destruction fully commit and push deep where you can catch him with multiple flanks and make pay dearly.
2 Oct 2015, 06:12 AM

Permanently Banned
After being brit bombed to a loss when clumping up my trucks, I now spread them out and place them less aggressively!
2 Oct 2015, 06:21 AM

Depends on what map and what mode we are talking about, spawn point and even strategy you planing to go for.

In general there is not much variability in med truck placements, if you want forward retreat, in most situations its near middle or between middle and your side of the map with aim to help your forces to switch sides and directions of attack quicker.

With flak it all depends on situation, if you have strong lead and force nearby to be sure it would deploy undamaged, it is good idea to build it very aggressively on key strategic point such as fuel to make coming back for your opponent(s) near impossible. In other situation it is good to be conservative to protect nearest vp/cut-off point/or just build it in range of med HQ to cover it.

And always look for behind shot blockers/building deployment to make any attempt to kill truck very challenging and partially protect it from artillery fire. If it impossible, always pull your truck deep into your territory to make enemy if he aims for it destruction fully commit and push deep where you can catch him with multiple flanks and make pay dearly.

Thanks for the feedback :)

As I said I play almost exclusively 1v1. Seems like I struggle a lot with aggressive placement on Coh1 1v1 maps so I tend to put them either in or close to my base. That -80 fuel is just so bad if I lose the flak. On larger 1v1/2v2 maps I tend to do as you advise.

And yea, vs brits and the American pack howie, I'm very cautious about making a forward base unless it's a very long map. Learned all this the hard way :P
2 Oct 2015, 17:26 PM

Like most said...it is map dependant. I'm far from pro but as a general rule(always exceptions) I find if the map is longer than wide (more room between the 2 bases than their is width) than it is safer to place your trucks further from base.

If it is wider than long...there's very little distance between your trucks and their base so it's easier to bomb or cut off reinforcements from your main. So conservative is more appropriate unless you place safe/smart.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 14
unknown 9
New Zealand 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak