Login

russian armor

most replays dont work. not even my own.

29 Sep 2015, 14:02 PM
1 of 6 Relic postsRelic 29 Sep 2015, 23:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Could you post your warnings logs? Thanks
29 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM
Patrion 28

iirc (i may not be) you can't watch replays with factions you don't own. i remember a thread about the time WFAs came out where someone mentioned that...

edit: although if you're problem is the same as rabidpotato you just need current version replays.
30 Sep 2015, 02:37 AM

I have a similar problem. I own all factions, but cannot watch any replays except my own- they don't show up in game when i download them, even when I move them into the proper file. Not only that, but all my replays get deleted with each new patch.
30 Sep 2015, 02:43 AM
Patrion 28

I have a similar problem. I own all factions, but cannot watch any replays except my own- they don't show up in game when i download them, even when I move them into the proper file. Not only that, but all my replays get deleted with each new patch.

that's not a problem. you can't watch replays from old patch versions unless you edit the version number and then you sometimes get sync issues.
30 Sep 2015, 02:49 AM
Patrion 28

reply is not edit :guyokay:
30 Sep 2015, 02:51 AM

that's not a problem. you can't watch replays from old patch versions unless you edit the version number and then you sometimes get sync issues.
You're not understanding. I can download the featured replay right now- Aimstrong v KA- from the current patch, move it into the proper file, and it still will not show. It deletes replays from previous patches, but it won't let me watch ones from this patch either.
30 Sep 2015, 03:12 AM
Patrion 28

You're not understanding. I can download the featured replay right now- Aimstrong v KA- from the current patch, move it into the proper file, and it still will not show. It deletes replays from previous patches, but it won't let me watch ones from this patch either.

ok, that does sound like an issue. you confused me with that last sentence which is expected behavior.
30 Sep 2015, 12:24 PM
30 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM
Patrion 28

lol, all the
Code
:)
got parsed as similes.
2 of 6 Relic postsRelic 30 Sep 2015, 17:15 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Do you have a mod running or trying to watch a replay that was using a Mod?
30 Sep 2015, 19:09 PM
1 Oct 2015, 01:30 AM

Created an account just to say that from what I've read on the steam forums, you can't watch replays of maps that are contained in an expansion you don't own. For instance Essen Steelworks is a British Forces map, so you can't watch replays of this map unless you own the British Forces pack (even though you got to play on it because another player in the game owns British Forces).

It's a really silly policy and I wish relic would change it. Maps should be available to everyone in the first place, but replays absolutely should be.
1 Oct 2015, 04:12 AM
Patrion 28

Created an account just to say that from what I've read on the steam forums, you can't watch replays of maps that are contained in an expansion you don't own. For instance Essen Steelworks is a British Forces map, so you can't watch replays of this map unless you own the British Forces pack (even though you got to play on it because another player in the game owns British Forces).

It's a really silly policy and I wish relic would change it. Maps should be available to everyone in the first place, but replays absolutely should be.

i don't think it's a policy so much as an unintended consequence of the way the game/steam dlc works. there's a lot of things in this game that are really odd and are a result of the super compressed timeline this game was on, first with THQ and then with sega
1 Oct 2015, 04:21 AM

More Relic employees? Welcome comrades. :snfPeter:
1 Oct 2015, 11:21 AM

i read that too but i dont throw accusations at relic because it was never like that in coh 1. im sure relic will fix if if we help them identify the problem.
1 Oct 2015, 11:25 AM
3 of 6 Relic postsRelic 2 Oct 2015, 00:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I have an account with only the OKW Factions, but I'm able to watch replays. I'm going to try deleting everything and reinstalling with the OKW account.

Do you own any other DLC?
4 of 6 Relic postsRelic 2 Oct 2015, 01:07 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I will check this out 1st thing tomorrow. I believe that this is a bug and not the intended functionality. Thanks
2 Oct 2015, 01:20 AM

Is the apocalypse occurring? Relic employees responding to bugs. :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight