Login

russian armor

Forum names makes NO SENSE

19 Jun 2013, 09:36 AM

"Entrance Hall" "Parlor Room" "State Office" "Grand Hall" "Hall of Lights".

These names make it impossible to get an overview of what the forums has to offer. Especially new members are lost.

Who made up these names? The same guy who made the UI for CoH2? ;)

I have ZERO idea of what forum names mean... And I have to check everytime I get here. Stupid...
19 Jun 2013, 09:52 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hey, these names recall an Imperial Palace that we virtually consider to be COH2.ORG home :) We will add at some point background images in the forums main menu so that you can have a visual feedback of which area you are going to visit ;)
19 Jun 2013, 10:20 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Yes, the Palace room names are obtuse, but all of the Sub-Forums are self-explanatory and explicit. It's part of the style of the site, and I hope that you will become acquainted with it fairly quickly.
19 Jun 2013, 10:53 AM

Well I really think that renaming the main forums titles would make the site far more welcoming and intuitive - especially to new members.

Fx rename "State Office" to "Strategy Central" or something similar. Everybody would instantly know what it meant and get permanently familiar with it within seconds.

The Palace room names don't add much to the feel of the site imo. Try instead to make the site stand out on the graphics etc. The Palace room names compromises the overall logic feel to the site.
19 Jun 2013, 12:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh i love clever names. forums are boring if they just use same old same old names. (they lack character and originality.) not to mention if you can't take 5 seconds required to figure it out then well... (im not gonna go there.)

clever descriptions, titles, neat graphics, ect... addes character to a website like crown molding in the house.
20 Jun 2013, 06:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2013, 10:53 AMsteger
Fx rename "State Office" to "Strategy Central" or something similar. Everybody would instantly know what it meant and get permanently familiar with it within seconds.

Everyone can already get instantly familiar with the idea that State Office is the "Strategy Central" by looking at the subforums for a few moments. "Oh, all these subforums are strategy themed, so this is the strategy section of the forums." Requires about five seconds of cognition and bam, it's already memorized.

This feels like whining for the sake of whining, frankly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight