Login

russian armor

How do I (two questions in thread)?

18 Sep 2015, 13:02 PM

(Hi. Originally I had posted these two questions in another forum, two weeks ago. But I didn't get any assistance.)

So what I'm trying to do now is to -

• make reinforcements_action deploy to a certain point/entity
    make observation posts buildable on munition and fuel points

I'm still trying, with no real progress nor luck. May anyone please guide me through these?

EDIT: Sorry about this, but I would like to get help on another one as well (so now it's three questions). Is it possible to use a certain variation in an entity model? What I'm looking at is the East German Pioneer Winter Skin whenever a player plays a winter map. Is it possible to have an entity use this variation for both summer and winter maps? And how do I do that?
18 Sep 2015, 14:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Your ability should be targeted, so that it has a target for the reinforcements_action. Unless you mean deploy AT a certain point/entity?

You will have to figure that one out. The only related thing I could find was "must_be_on" in the construction_ext of the Observation Post. Read the description for that.

Yes, under ui_ext look for skin_pack_override. Set that to true and then set both skin_winter and skin_summer to "winter".
18 Sep 2015, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 14:02 PMeliw00d
Your ability should be targeted, so that it has a target for the reinforcements_action. Unless you mean deploy AT a certain point/entity?

Well, for my case, the engineer squad builds a structure, and upon construction (so that's on_construction_actions), a few squads will spawn from map entry. The squads will move to the Main HQ rally flag, but what I need is the squads to move to the constructed building instead.

You will have to figure that one out. The only related thing I could find was "must_be_on" in the construction_ext of the Observation Post. Read the description for that.

"If set, this entity can only be built on the terrain materials listed in that section. If not set, this entity can NOT be built on the terrain materials listed in that section." Where's this "section"? I can't find it.

Yes, under ui_ext look for skin_pack_override. Set that to true and then set both skin_winter and skin_summer to "winter".

Awesome, thanks!
18 Sep 2015, 16:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well, for my case, the engineer squad builds a structure, and upon construction (so that's on_construction_actions), a few squads will spawn from map entry. The squads will move to the Main HQ rally flag, but what I need is the squads to move to the constructed building instead.

The problem with that approach is that the only target that reinforcements_action can use is from an ability. The only other thing I can think of would be to use SCAR.

Where's this "section"? I can't find it.

Exactly. It is not well-documented. It might even be hard-coded, since the materials list is empty.
18 Sep 2015, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 16:51 PMeliw00d

The problem with that approach is that the only target that reinforcements_action can use is from an ability. The only other thing I can think of would be to use SCAR.

Exactly. It is not well-documented. It might even be hard-coded, since the materials list is empty.

Weeeew.

Well I guess I'll have to make do with whatever else is possible for now. Anyway, thanks for helping :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
New Zealand 16
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak