Login

russian armor

CoH 2 avatars and portraits v2

17 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

So I create steam guide which contains all units and commanders portraits for all factions.

You can find it here

Its very useful if you need to create custom icons, icons for guides or simply use one of them as your avatar :> Enjoy

P.S. it contains some unreleased stuff :>
17 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM

Very cool :)
Thank you!
17 Sep 2015, 13:40 PM
Patrion 14

Nice work! How did you get them from the game files?
17 Sep 2015, 13:47 PM

Nice, any idea who's that guy with the headset in the UKF portraits section? Looks like some tank commander to me.
17 Sep 2015, 14:03 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Awesome, thanks! Can you post them all as a .rar please?
17 Sep 2015, 14:16 PM

Awesome, thanks! Can you post them all as a .rar please?

Sure, here you go
17 Sep 2015, 14:18 PM

Nice work! How did you get them from the game files?

Unpacked them via Coh2 tools, then used DDS photoshop plugin to open extracted files in photoshop.
17 Sep 2015, 14:23 PM

I also recommend using this tool:
UI Asset Browser by Janne252

You can visually search for images, filter by name, and extract them individually without needing to convert from DDS.
17 Sep 2015, 14:29 PM
Patrion 14

Brits don't look to care much about the season regarding their clothing. Pity, I thought it was a atmospheric little touch in the portraits.
17 Sep 2015, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 14:29 PMSappi
Brits don't look to care much about the season regarding their clothing. Pity, I thought it was a atmospheric little touch in the portraits.

Yeah, its noticeable decrease in quality of art. Best one was for WFA, if you ask me. Original art is fine, but I hate Ost soldiers faces. Its look like that every single soldier is high as garden. Grenadiers especially.

Also I don't understand why Relic artist like to make faces SO bright. All Brits are almost shining.
17 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

Nice one. Thanks

PS: Dem unused units tho.
17 Sep 2015, 15:37 PM

Yeah, its noticeable decrease in quality of art. Best one was for WFA, if you ask me. Original art is fine, but I hate Ost soldiers faces. Its look like that every single soldier is high as garden. Grenadiers especially.

Also I don't understand why Relic artist like to make faces SO bright. All Brits are almost shining.

This, with exception of Ost soldiers hate. They are not pretty, just average men, like the Soviets' portraits. I like that.
17 Sep 2015, 16:54 PM

I think the Hetzer is OKW, not Ost. Look at the background of the unit portrait.
17 Sep 2015, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 16:54 PMFluffi
I think the Hetzer is OKW, not Ost. Look at the background of the unit portrait.

Its most likely Ost commander. Of course if this is not fake.
17 Sep 2015, 17:25 PM

Hetzer to OST Flammenhetzer to OKW
17 Sep 2015, 17:35 PM

You can normally tell what the commander will entail by it's uniform (such as tankers headset for Soviet or Luftwaffe Commander uniform for Luftwaffe Supply).

The new Soviet Commander will involve armor (basing this off tankers helmet).

New Ost Commander will probably be an ultra late war commander (basing this off the battered and faded Stahlhelm and much plainer uniform) focusing on infantry. He's also wearing the same camo uniform as Fallsch (and Grens kinda) do so maybe Ostheer Fallsch?

New OKW Commanders uniform resembles the tank crew uniform and Elite Armored commander's uniform. Might also possibly be a commander focused around "Honor Guard" judging by the peak cap and black uniform. More than likely will contain stuff we haven't seen yet like Flak88 and Jadgpanther.

No idea whats up with the USF commanders other than they are just a reskin of Rifle Company, Infantry Company and Armor Company.
17 Sep 2015, 17:36 PM

Its most likely Ost commander. Of course if this is not fake.

I hope it's fake. Looks boring and uninnovate as fuck! Even through the blurredness I can see how crappy that Hetzer icon looks so that better not be sth that Relic made!

Otherwise I think the Hetzer is more befitting of OKW than Ost. That aside, what AchtAchter said makes sense, too.
17 Sep 2015, 17:41 PM

Giving Ostheer the Hetzer wouldn't make any sense since Ostheer already has the StuG III, unless they made the Hetzer a JPIV clone (and the JPIV still has the StuG's pen anyway).

Flak 88 would fit for OKW, since they lack MP only artillery. Jadgpanther would fit for Ostheer or OKW. Goliath could go either way to.

There are files in the game for the Vampyr HT in OKW with resource leaching so we might see that to :thumb:
17 Sep 2015, 18:07 PM

Just checked it. Goliath is going to be for Ost and hetzer for OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment