Login

russian armor

What's currently the best counter to a shrek-blob?

22 Sep 2015, 01:27 AM

Countering the shreck blob with vehicle crush prevents them from getting the extra shots off, becuase the shrek has to be standing still to fire. Push them around if you cant crush them
22 Sep 2015, 05:54 AM

Rifles with flamers supported by a pack howi will shred large blobs, once the pack suppresses the volks, use a sherman with HE shells and strafe into the fight hitting the blob with HE shells if you go m10s, suppress the volks then crush, he will be forced to retreat or lose a lot of mp.
22 Sep 2015, 13:26 PM

You can counter it with motor howitzer , riffleman bloob of doom=Riffleman + bars and flamethrowers and sherman with h/e assisted with infantry support.
31 Oct 2015, 15:25 PM

I'm bringing this back up because the most effective counter of the above suggestions - the pack howi - has now been nerfed.

I see that the howie still does some suppression, but it does no longer bring the full blob to a halt. And it notably doesn't pin so much anymore.

I don't know if any of the other changes perhaps opened up new USF counter-strategies?

I tried rangers now, but can't see that it makes that much of a difference. It feels like they are kind of rifles+10%. The only good thing is they come with nades even if you haven't unlocked them. So there's something saved for you.
2 Nov 2015, 14:20 PM

I'm bringing this back up because the most effective counter of the above suggestions - the pack howi - has now been nerfed.

I see that the howie still does some suppression, but it does no longer bring the full blob to a halt. And it notably doesn't pin so much anymore.

I don't know if any of the other changes perhaps opened up new USF counter-strategies?

I tried rangers now, but can't see that it makes that much of a difference. It feels like they are kind of rifles+10%. The only good thing is they come with nades even if you haven't unlocked them. So there's something saved for you.

I think that they reduced population cost to 3 to let you create 2 PackHowie. The problem is that are not auto faced anymore and the range is reduced so you need a lot of micro to be effective.
6 Nov 2015, 04:33 AM

Just use a rifle doom blob, US solution to everything anyway.

No, really.

If he is using so many shrecks, rifle with double BAR, ranger and Thompson with Bar, Paratrooper with Thompson and BAR will demolish them. No amount of incendiary grenade will help if you rush straight in.

As long as you keep Shermans out of range, Shermans with HE can also do some nasty wipes here and there. The large quantity of Shrecks mean unupgraded Ober, or lack of vehicles (Either all ammo spent, or convert fuel to ammo to equip everything).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★